AVG Selling Browsing Data?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AVG stinks. I had their free version a few years ago, and IMO it was practically a virus itself trying to sneak toolbars, browsers and other junk in with updates. I hate antivirus software I think it's a scam.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
AVG stinks. I had their free version a few years ago, and IMO it was practically a virus itself trying to sneak toolbars, browsers and other junk in with updates. I hate antivirus software I think it's a scam.

I haven't run an antivirus in YEARS. No issues either.
Learn about other software that WILL protect you,instead of the garbage antivirus companys want you to use.

I haven't run AV on my personal computers for several years after running Norton AV for a long time. I do a monthly Malwarebytes scan I still come out with zero threats as long I follow "common sense" Internet browsing behavior.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

AVG is all I used to run when a free AV was called for/needed. I have always had good luck with it in the past to be honest.

I actually had installed it on my Sister's laptop, after upgrading it to Windows 10 a short bit ago, so I could take it to her at the nursing home so she would have internet access. She can't afford to buy an AV program so I went to my got to AVG.

I kept the laptop here for a bit though to make sure that the Windows 10 upgrade was fully successful( did it to a Vista machine ). In that short time AVG did 3 updates and added 3 separate versions that ALL started on Windows startup which really slowed the system down. It was also constantly barraging me with requests to upgrade.

I have removed it and am now trying something else.

Originally Posted By: wirelessF
I haven't run AV on my personal computers for several years after running Norton AV for a long time. I do a monthly Malwarebytes scan I still come out with zero threats as long I follow "common sense" Internet browsing behavior.

Same here. I haven't used an AV in close to a decade. Using Chrome and FireFox instead of EI also helped.
Now, I have a small partition with Ubuntu installed just for downloading stuff. Works like a a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back