Average Oil Changes Per Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jcwit
Originally Posted By: SHAMUS
I'm going to catch flak over this, but oh well! I drive very few miles a year, averaging approx 4400, use Red Line and Purolator PureONE filters, and still change both 4 times a year, with about 1100-1200 miles on them. Why? No other reason than it can't hurt, and I like fresh oil in my engine (one vehicle owner). And, frankly, couldn't care less about the costs.
21.gif

Actually it does hurt, "the enviroment" but its obvious that doesn't concern you.

Me. I care about each and every dollar I spend, not because I'm poor "which I'm not" but because I'd rather have the money than throwing it away willy nilly to the world. But as someone else said it is your money, or should I say was your money.

There's an old saying; A fool and his money are soon ?????, wait how does that go?

Oh BTW I run an oil change on all my vehicles at 5,000 miles or 6 months, just makes it easier to remember.
How does it hurt the enviroment other than waste oil?

I bring my used oil to Advance Auto and dump it in their big tanks. I've been told that the oil in those tanks is sold to lube companies that filter it, add new additives and use it for government purposes. Supposedly, all government vehicles in the US are required to use re-cycled motor oil (Safety-Kleen I believe).

The U.S Army even uses Safety-Kleen as well as the postal service etc.

I searched, but couldn't find the pic of an army mechanic doing an oil change on a humvee. It was a white labeled can of Safety-Kleen 5w-40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back