Average new car payment $554

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by PimTac
Quality and personal preference are nowhere near related to each other.

Define quality. My wife's 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe XL is very well put together. It's not a Mercedes-but then you are talking refinement.

My Silverado (2018) LTZ has all the little "issues" that you can find under any "google search". My opinion-my wife's Santa Fe is put together to a higher quality level than my pickup that stickered at $54,000.00

REALLY.........

My response was targeted at this comment

"When Mazda offers longitudinal engine, with RWD platform, we can compare it to those cars. "

I have no doubt your Hyundai is assembled well.

Id rather fwd and transverse. My application is snow and ice, not necessary race track.

MB engines are sitting more to the front than compared to BMW for example, and have Stayer drivetrain. So please, it is still better on dry, wet, snow, anyway you take it.

Originally Posted by GZRider
So your fine "german" GLC may have been assembled at any of these fine and less then fine asembly Locations
Germany: Bremen
China: Beijing (Beijing Benz)
Malaysia: Pekan (DRB-HICOM) (since August 2016)
India: Pune
Indonesia: Bogor (since May 2016)
Finland: Uusikaupunki (since February 2017)
Thailand: (TAAP)

Yeah gimme the actually built Japan CX5 or LS430 or rebadged Skyline any day of the week.

Pointless post. Any of those factories can assemble a quality product.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by edyvw
Sorry, for money you spent you did not get car that is on level of GLC. Is it good bang for a buck? Probably. But that is different from what you implying.

It's probably hard to compare them option for option when there's probably some difference in the build quality and the design. For instance MB for years have used liquid filled motor mounts for a smooth ride whereas some other auto makers may use rubber. Plus they seem to do a lot more so that's a smooth quiet ride. Way different than a Ford I used to drive before, I'm always struck by how smooth and quiet the car is. Plus it has a few other intangibles just like the door closing sound, basically it's the solid sounding thunk you would expect of a car like that. No rattles or it feeling loose/cheap. They seem to do more sound insulation and have more gaskets around. Probably trade offs for that might be slightly more weight and slower 0-60, just boils down to what the buyers of those types of car value, speed or quiet and comfort. Plus it's a luxury car, it's not going to beat some other average high volume car in terms of value and price. Oh and also things like fiber optics connecting your stereo speakers aren't exactly cheap.

Well, yeah...my cx5 has liquid filled drivetrain mounts, and is almost 2dB quieter than the glc300 at 70mph, so I guess however many rubber seals they have, its enough...yes, the door closes "with a solid thunk". It rattles less than my neighbor's AMG43GLC, but its also newer, so theres that.

Oh, and it's faster (than the non AMG ), more reliable, has cooled seats and a HUD, blahblahblah, but no, I doubt it (or the GLC?) Have fiber optic stereo wires.

OMG dude, it is Mazda CX-5. It is in the league of Toyota RAV4, Honda CR-V, VW Tiguan, Hyundai Tucson. That is it! Porsche 911 is much noisier than Mazda CX-5. But it is 911, not microwave like Mazda. Ferrari is noisier than Mazda etc. You bought appliance vehicle. From everthing you write it seems that it serious bothers you that you are driving Mazda and not GLC. You are here trying to convince yourself.

OMG dude, it is Mazda CX-5. It is in the league of Toyota RAV4, Honda CR-V, VW Tiguan, Hyundai Tucson. That is it! Porsche 911 is much noisier than Mazda CX-5. But it is 911, not microwave like Mazda. Ferrari is noisier than Mazda etc. You bought appliance vehicle. From everthing you write it seems that it serious bothers you that you are driving Mazda and not GLC. You are here trying to convince yourself.

The CX-5 is the greatest car ever. Haven't you heard? 9 out of 10 soccer moms choose it like Jif.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Wolf359
Sorry, for money you spent you did not get car that is on level of GLC. Is it good bang for a buck? Probably. But that is different from what you implying.

It's probably hard to compare them option for option when there's probably some difference in the build quality and the design. For instance MB for years have used liquid filled motor mounts for a smooth ride whereas some other auto makers may use rubber. Plus they seem to do a lot more so that's a smooth quiet ride. Way different than a Ford I used to drive before, I'm always struck by how smooth and quiet the car is. Plus it has a few other intangibles just like the door closing sound, basically it's the solid sounding thunk you would expect of a car like that. No rattles or it feeling loose/cheap. They seem to do more sound insulation and have more gaskets around. Probably trade offs for that might be slightly more weight and slower 0-60, just boils down to what the buyers of those types of car value, speed or quiet and comfort. Plus it's a luxury car, it's not going to beat some other average high volume car in terms of value and price. Oh and also things like fiber optics connecting your stereo speakers aren't exactly cheap.

Well, yeah...my cx5 has liquid filled drivetrain mounts, and is almost 2dB quieter than the glc300 at 70mph, so I guess however many rubber seals they have, its enough...yes, the door closes "with a solid thunk". It rattles less than my neighbor's AMG43GLC, but its also newer, so theres that.

Oh, and it's faster (than the non AMG ), more reliable, has cooled seats and a HUD, blahblahblah, but no, I doubt it (or the GLC?) Have fiber optic stereo wires.

I dont need convincing as I have experience with both vehicles. CX5>GLC in every way except interior appearance. I do like the layout and look of the GLC interior, but the performance and refinement of the Mazda more than trumps it, even if it cost the same.

The RAV, CRV, Tucsan, etc. Are good vehicles, but are noisy and lsck the refinement and mid 200hp/300+ pounds of torque of the GLC and CX5 gtr/sig.

Also...what does the 911 have to do with a CUV?

Ps. Id have loved an AMG GLC43, but the upkeep just didnt make the juice worth the squeeze. Would not trade even for a loaded GLC300, though. Its just not as fast or nice of a ride as the top trim cx5s. Why would I be jelly of a slower, louder vehicle that required more maintenance and didnt have the amenities I like?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Ws6
CX5>GLC in every way except interior appearance. I do like the layout and look of the GLC interior, but the performance and refinement of the Mazda more than trumps it, even if it cost the same.
Laughable...at best.

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
Originally Posted by Ws6
CX5>GLC in every way except interior appearance. I do like the layout and look of the GLC interior, but the performance and refinement of the Mazda more than trumps it, even if it cost the same.
Laughable...at best.

Even that's being charitable.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Laughable...at best.

What's laughable is that I'm enjoying a quieter, faster vehicle and after pumping some iron in the morning will enjoy chilling out in the air conditioned seats on the way home, and for less expense. Enjoy those $200 oil changes, and that pano roof
wink.gif

That said, your amg43 is an awesome ride. The base one though, prefer my cx5.

(Seriously...why are MB oil changes so [censored] much? My z06 with 11.5 quarts of m1 synthetic still only ran a hundred and a half?)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Ws6
Laughable...at best.

What's laughable is that I'm enjoying a quieter, faster vehicle and after pumping some iron in the morning will enjoy chilling out in the air conditioned seats on the way home, and for less expense. Enjoy those $200 oil changes, and that pano roof
wink.gif

(Seriously...why are MB oil changes so [censored] much? My z06 with 11.5 quarts of m1 synthetic still only ran a hundred and a half?)

LOL! Did you really just brag about driving your soccer mom car home from "pumping some iron"?

Originally Posted by dishdude
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Ws6
Laughable...at best.

wink.gif

LOL! Did you really just brag about driving your soccer mom car home from "pumping some iron"?

My soccer mom vehicle could beat up his soccer mom vehicle at the drag strip, so there's that, rofl!

*and actually, I just plan on hitting pullups (Recon Ron program) and cardio, so I guess iron was a bit of incorrect term.

Last edited:
Not really, one of the auto industries dirty not so secrets is that teamcraft vehicles are not as well built as imports brought in complete from the makers country of origin. The 20 year old Benz's still daily driven on US roads today are mostly German built models so I don't quite understand why you owners think all their plants are equal and Mercedes Benz is some exception to trends in the entire industry.

Originally Posted by Ws6

*and actually, I just plan on hitting pullups (Recon Ron program) and cardio, so I guess iron was a bit of incorrect term.

Just admit you do yoga like all Mazda and Prius drivers.

Originally Posted by GZRider
Not really, one of the auto industries dirty not so secrets is that teamcraft vehicles are not as well built as imports brought in complete from the makers country of origin. The 20 year old Benz's still daily driven on US roads today are mostly German built models so I don't quite understand why you owners think all their plants are equal and Mercedes Benz is some exception to trends in the entire industry.

Just comparing "repair costs" with my cx5 turbo (had to use cx9, actually, as its so new, same drivetrain though) on Edmunds with the GLC300 dispelled that, lol. Not in the same league for reliability as the Mazda, and louder inside and slower, to boot, along with less interior features. But it has a pano roof and the 3 pointed starz yo!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Ws6

Hmmm...is that a VW I see in your signature?

Shall we play the stereotype game?

That said, yoga probably would help my jujitsu, but I never tried it, sorry.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Ws6

Your point? I drive the Challenger to "pump some iron". I'll meet you at the drag strip any time you want.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Ws6

Your point? I drive the Challenger to "pump some iron". I'll meet you at the drag strip any time you want.

Yah, okay. What's your point? We are discussing GLC300 and cx5 soccermom cuv, not cheap redneck family sedan with big motor, lol

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Ws6

Yah, okay. What's your point?

Your Mazda is as lame as your posts about "pumping some iron" and "my Mazda can beat your Mercedes at the drag strip".

Give it a rest.

Originally Posted by Ws6

Yah, okay. What's your point?

Your Mazda is as lame as your posts about "pumping some iron" and "my Mazda can beat your Mercedes at the drag strip".

Give it a rest.

The point remains. The Mazda is more reliable, quieter, faster, and has comparable options and build quality. Some of the MBs raw materials are better, I agree, but that's about the sum of it.

Also, the air conditioned seats after the gym are legit huge. You dont get it until you get it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Ws6

The point remains. The Mazda is more reliable, quieter, faster, and has comparable options and build quality. Some of the MBs raw materials are better, I agree, but that's about the sum of it.

Also, the air conditioned seats after the gym are legit huge. You dont get it until you get it.

My redneck "family sedan" has them. Don't feel so special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back