autozone sure can pick em

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't push Bosch Platinum spark plugs. The OEM plug is almost ALWAYS my first recommendation.

I went to Autozone today and bought a spare quart of GC, knowing I can't get it anywhere else. I must have waited 5 or 6 minutes for someone to get on the register. This one older guy was helping someone with a battery which I didnt mind, but the other younger guy was standing there BSing with some gangbangers. It was finally the older guy that opened a line.
Speaking of spark plugs, I went in one day for spark plugs for a '04 Dodge 4.7L and they had nothing except Bosch Platinums, +4s and I think Denso Iridiums. Well, the last two are out because of price so I pick up the Platinums. Its a good thing it liked them, even though the service manual says copper only. Runs smooth. I still cant figure out why copper only.
ooo.gif

A couple months back I had to go in AAP for some stuff I probably didn't need. But anyhow I took my little girl in with me and naturally she wants some candy so I let her get a pack of gum pay for the stuff with my credit card not really paying any attention to the price cause I'm trying to keep up with my kid.

When I get home later that evening I'm looking over the receipt cause something didnt seem right with the price after I got to thinking about it, And lo and behold he charged me for 45 packs of gum, I was like jeez how did I not notice that. But I went back to the store and they refunded my money.

I don't really know the point of this story, I just thought I'd share.

I don't push Bosch either. I look at the OEM plug type (be it copper or plat) and then start at the cheapest and go from there. A lot of people already have a brand in mind, so that makes it easier, too.

If every person in every parts store were educated enough to answer all the questions the public has a set of brake pads would be $100. Then everyone would complain because the parts were so much but you sure can get good advice? There is no easy answer as I manage more than 10 of these types of stores you have to keep costs at a certain level or people will go buy the parts from someone who does. I would suggest taking the 2 minutes and educating the kid on 10w40 after all someone taught you?

Yikes wasnt looking to get people mad at me. Im not saying I expect them to know everything, but it was just amazing the stuff this guy was saying, thought i'd share it.

I work in a drug store, and I know how stupid customers can be, I see them everyday. Asking if we sell things we obviously dont (grills, animals, power tools ect.), expecting me to know everything about a drug, even calling and asking me if I can go to the business next door and ask for their number, and getting mad when I dont.

But then again if people ask me something I dont know and it costs them money, I tell them politely I dont know, even if i've heard some things or know a little. This guy at autozone was pretty funny, saying stuff he obviously didnt know as if it were fact.

Quote:

Not all of the AutoZoners are dumb, but once in a while you come across an idiot that only got hired because they were short on help and they had to hire someone.

I think it's the other way around...once in a while they hire someone who isn't an idiot by accident...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back