autolite spark plugs

not a lot of choices for a 1962 ford

Attachments

• fairlane.jpg
    fairlane.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 12
We used Autolite Platinums for 75K miles in our now gone Santa Fe Sport 2.0T. It never gave us an issue.

They are probably better quality versus whats out there now. I was using them in a Ford 460 and having misfires, and the replacements I bought, a couple of them had center electrodes that were ridiculously off center. I should have checked them before I bought them. Anymore I pretty much find an NGK version of whatever plugs I need, if possible.

The Autolites will be fine for old stuff, personally I’d seek out a NGK, Denso(made in Japan, US or Brazil) or a German/Russian made Bosch before Chinese. Autolites can’t be much worse with SKPs/Torch on many Chondas, and even the OE Bosch plug Stihl uses is made in China.

Have you looked at Champion? I think all the ACDelco plugs that aren’t copper/Rapidfire single-platinum are made by Champion, Denso makes the double-iridium ones. Made in Mexico, Harley and Mopar still uses them.

Are the Motorcraft 2X Platinum spark plugs Autolite? It looks like it because of it's similarities in appearance.

Used several sets of Autolites in my old six cylinder Mercedes and they worked just fine. Have had very poor results with Champions. Mediocre results with Bosch. Only use NGK or Denso now.

You got lucky. They sure did not work in my 1970 elcamin
You are comparing apples and oranges now.

In an older engine, I would use AC in a GM product, Motorcraft or Autolite in a Ford and Champions in a Chrysler product. I have followed that and never had an issue.

When I got the Legend, the previous owner gave me a box of parts to go with. There were several sets of Autolite plugs (standard construction). Installed and used them without issue.

Are the Motorcraft 2X Platinum spark plugs Autolite? It looks like it because of it's similarities in appearance.

Many many years ago, back when these things were still made in the USA, I ran across a UAW website listing union-made products and it was obvious from the list that both Motorcraft and Autolite plugs were made in the same factory.

Back