Auto-RX Treatment Conclusion (with pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.
man that was somethign else wasnt it?

Actually in the before pictures most of the dark spots you see is just pooled oil that was very dark, its same with the AFTER treatments only the oil was quite so dark.

Really great pics for no focus
smile.gif
Did you notice that the valve lifters or any first startup engine noises were quieter after Auto-RX?

Thanks for shareing!! The before photo's looked really good. It was easy to see that you take good car of your engine.

Joe your pictures are good. The oil you have photo of after 1500 miles of driving with no Auto-Rx shows the dirt and contaminants that were rinsed off of engine metal by clean oil. Auto-Rx held them in suspension (why oil is so dirty). Had you taken rag and wiped off contaminants just laying on metal after second application of Auto-Rx, results would be dramatic. New oil and no Auto-Rx is "rinse" part of Auto-Rx application. Please remember when application is finished at next oil change, add 3 ozs. of Auto-Rx and keep gains you now have consistent.

Amkeer:

one thing to keep in mind. thats still the "Old" Auto-rx treatment oil in the "after" pics. You can clearly see in the oil comparasion picture how nasty it is compared to new. I know for sure that after the 1500 miles are up and the "rinsing" is done it will look quite a bit different. I just wanted a apple to apple comparasion since I did the before pictures with oil at the end of the interval I wanted to do the same with the auto-rx.

Like I said before, I was surprised that it looked like it did in the "before" pictures. I had a friend with me who's rebuilt a few engines and he said he was surprised that there wasnt even that much varnish. so I knew there wasnt going to be any incredible differences. theres not a "whole" that could change.

Check back in about 2-3 weeks when I'm done with my rinsing period, I will put New oil in, run for a few dozen miles then pop the cover and take some more pictures. well see what it looks like with the auto-rx soiled oil gone.

Ok, Here it is:

Car, 98 Saturn SC2 1.9L DOHC engine. Currently at 70k miles.

History, I have owned the car since 14k miles. I have been adamant about general maintence and oil chances. Its not untill recently did I start doing oil changes and general fixes on my own but I never let it go more then 3k-3200Mi between changes. Typically inexpensive Penzoil or Supertech Oil was used during the changes.

the car sees about 50/50 highway town travel. It averages roughly 32-34MPG. (I have records for approx 1 year before ARX treatment. I will create a running average from all the pay stubs to compare my new post results too)

Sorry for the size and low quality of the pictures. the camera is only 1 megapixel and has no focus adjustment!

-

-

Here are the AFTER pictures.

-
 -

the oil you see in the the before and after pictures is days BEFORE my oil change before the Auto-rx treatment started, and just before I did the final change to drain the auto-rx out.

I followed the application instructions to the T, and probably only went 50mi more or less then what was recomended at most.

The oil used was Supertech 10w30.

In this picture you can compare the Fresh oil going into the crankcase with the oil that had approx 1500 miles on it from the auto-rx treatment.

-

It seems quite dark for only 1500 miles. When looking at the valve covers there isnt to much of a DRAMATIC change but I thought it looked pretty good to begin with so I wasnt expecting much out of the treatment other then peice of mind and maybe some seal cleaning. (wich is hard to tell from the valve covers)

Overall I think the treatment went well and after another 1500 or so miles on my latest oil change with Supertech I will be switching to M1 10w30 with 7.5k intervals (be basicaly 1 year) of course I might change my mind like I always do! but 5 qts for 18.88 at wal-mart is pretty compelling!

Not sure if anyone gets anything from this post becase theres not much difference to see but I figured I'd try to contrube "something"
smile.gif

I'll be around all day if there are any questions.

I still feel that it should have cleaned the deposits around the spark plug recesses especially the far left one. If it was going to remove the deposits it would have been noticed immediately in the pics. Changing the oil you will not notice any difference from the present.

Bottom line is you are doing a great job with this engine! I would keep running it with your same routine and not vary it. Its working!
smile.gif

Amkeer, I also did not "see" anything dramatic when I used it. I failed to reliase the obvious. Auto-Rx can not remove what is not in the engine. I was looking for sludge in the filter as my proof that it worked. Well if you do not have any sludge it can not be liguified and traped. Because joe4324 has not neglected his engine their is no sludge on top to see. This does not mean that Auto-Rx did not clean out a boat load of "third party abrasives". It also does not prove that Auto-Rx did not clean and rejuvinate the seals. If Auto-Rx only cleaned your pickup screen, ring lands and oil galleys it would be worth every penny. I just like seeing the before and after photos of incredable clean up because I think it is neat. I am going to be sending a sample of oil containing auto-rx off in the next two weeks for UOA. I will post the results. From what I understand UOA is more telling of how well it is cleaning the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back