Rislone Engine Treatment Labeling Change

Jackson_Slugger

$50 Site Donor 2022
It no longer says "High Mileage" and seems to have gone back to the classic look associated with the one qt. size...
Rislone-High-Mileage-Engine-Treatment-Additive-16-9-oz_b77aef2f-7c84-4677-8c76-708bfbdb7ecd.9123dc07cf7631ad0e2c8ac8cd8bcdf9.png

I have read about Rislone products lately as a lower cost ester based engine cleaner. I don’t want to hijack this
thread but I also don’t want to start a new one to ask the following question.
I see the 16.9 oz. ‘Engine Treatment’ that mentions ‘high mileage’ engines in AZ, Walmart etc....I’ve also seen a 32 ounce ‘Engine Treatment’ that doesn’t mention ‘high mileage’. My question is...what’s the difference in these 2 formulas? Does the 32 oz. bottle have double the additives (ester) or is it the same amount with more carrier oil?

I have read about Rislone products lately as a lower cost ester based engine cleaner. I don’t want to hijack this
thread but I also don’t want to start a new one to ask the following question.
I see the 16.9 oz. ‘Engine Treatment’ that mentions ‘high mileage’ engines in AZ, Walmart etc....I’ve also seen a 32 ounce ‘Engine Treatment’ that doesn’t mention ‘high mileage’. My question is...what’s the difference in these 2 formulas? Does the 32 oz. bottle have double the additives (ester) or is it the same amount with more carrier oil?
There’s the concentrate and the regular non concentrated 1qt. Probably they made the concentrate version because most passengers vehicle don’t take as much oil as yesterdays

Reactions: pbm
I don't see the HM version being offered at Walmart, at least as an instore option....
The HM version is the only one I see at Walmart here in Texas. I see both concentrate versions on Walmart.com though. I dunno though. Maybe your noticing something that’s gonna make it’s way down here later or just different by location?

At oreilly the larger rislone was replaced with the smaller high mileage rislone.

I got a good deal on the big one when it went on clearance. Will put it in moms Honda.
Just got the last two for $1.17 each - no immediate plans …

So does anyone know what is in this secret sauce and it's percentage of the whole?

s

11% TMP ester.
11% was for the full quart sized bottle, the half quart is suppose to be more concentrated.

While the half quart hasn't been tested, and we can't say definitively the one who tested the full quart sized bottle predicted the half quart would be roughly 2x's stronger to make up for the size difference.

I noticed this on the site. Not sure if it said the same when they called it high mileage, but this would seem that they are pretty confident in it's cleaning ability?

DOSAGE:
In passenger car and light truck engines, use one bottle for a 4 to 6 quart system. For larger systems, add one bottle for every 5 quarts of capacity. For severely dirty engines, use two bottles of Rislone Engine Treatment and change the oil after 100 miles of driving.

I noticed this on the site. Not sure if it said the same when they called it high mileage, but this would seem that they are pretty confident in it's cleaning ability?

DOSAGE:
In passenger car and light truck engines, use one bottle for a 4 to 6 quart system. For larger systems, add one bottle for every 5 quarts of capacity. For severely dirty engines, use two bottles of Rislone Engine Treatment and change the oil after 100 miles of driving.
Not saying it can't clean, honestly I've used the product many times I like the product but to the best of my knowledge this product contains no solvents.

Its primarily cleaning is due to ester, which can't/shouldn't be able to clean to any noticeable degree in only 100 miles. I've always expected this was for liability reasons, also many stages of sludge, the gelatinous form is pretty easy to deal with and will mostly drain out with oil.

The harder more difficult carbon like sludge takes a good deal of time to break down, 100 miles really shouldn't have any effect on this stuff. The gelatinous sludge needs little to remove, not necessarily dissolve but its fairly easy to separate and most motor oils can handle this form of sludge as long as it hasn't had time to further break down the polymer.

In other words I think the 100 miles is for liability, and primarily intended to help rinse out the gelatinous form of sludge not so much the heavily deteriorated carbon like form which most folks consider/call sludge.

Not saying it can't clean, honestly I've used the product many times I like the product but to the best of my knowledge this product contains no solvents.

Its primarily cleaning is due to ester, which can't/shouldn't be able to clean to any noticeable degree in only 100 miles. I've always expected this was for liability reasons, also many stages of sludge, the gelatinous form is pretty easy to deal with and will mostly drain out with oil.

The harder more difficult carbon like sludge takes a good deal of time to break down, 100 miles really shouldn't have any effect on this stuff. The gelatinous sludge needs little to remove, not necessarily dissolve but its fairly easy to separate and most motor oils can handle this form of sludge as long as it hasn't had time to further break down the polymer.

In other words I think the 100 miles is for liability, and primarily intended to help rinse out the gelatinous form of sludge not so much the heavily deteriorated carbon like form which most folks consider/call sludge.
Do you think it's safe to drive with with double dose for a normal say 3k interval?

Back