Auto-Rx New Web Site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I just had a look. Great improvement. Much more professional. Ease of navigation much improved, with respect to finding information. New look green fits the green chemistry that is Auto-Rx. Two thumbs up.

They fixed the misspelled word.

INDYMAC: Do you mean where it says "your need" instead of "you need"? Or do you mean conventional being spelled wrong in one spot and not another?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZZman
Nicer looking. But they spelled discussion wrong.

I'll proofread for $50 an hour.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: ZZman
They fixed the misspelled word.

INDYMAC: Do you mean where it says "your need" instead of "you need"? Or do you mean conventional being spelled wrong in one spot and not another?

Yes. The whole thing needs proofed by an English major or two. Spellcheck can only take you so far. I've tried to help them with their categorization of synthetic oils in the past, but they didn't seem to agree or accept my input. They always seem to be in a big hurry to launch their new websites before they are ready. I hope that some day their website matches the excellence of their product.

Originally Posted By: INDYMAC
I'm not sure who proof reads for Frank, but there is a typo in the first paragraph.

Frank makes a great product, but his communication skills leave a lot to be desired. his posts were painful to read; helpful, but painful.

From what I am told there is a wordsmith combing through the website as I type. My guess is that these were errors that existed on the old site that merely transferred over to the new site. Its great to see BITOGers offering up their constructive criticism as normal. It is comforting to know that we are well versed in something beyond oil.

I seriously doubt it will change in 90 days. At least ARX still offers the quality product that you order, which is more than I can say about most products.

Originally Posted By: Rick20
I seriously doubt it will change in 90 days. At least ARX still offers the quality product that you order, which is more than I can say about most products.

My point was the homepage changes very often..I bet every 4 months (120 days). Just do a search and you can see how much it does. It will change soon, wait and see! :)

For me, stop worrying about the fancy forum, homepage etc and worry about the product and pricing.

Side note, how can BITOG (owner) let the link be here when they are no longer a paying forum sponser? Fishy people, fishy....LOL

I could be wrong, but I don't think this is a problem. You can't link to an order page. Product orientation and whatnot.

8. Members agree that, except with the owner’s prior consent, they shall not solicit or promote any products services or other sites by posting direct links of any sales pages of any products in this forum. Discussions of any products are allowed and encouraged, and links to Technical Data or MSDSs are allowed, provided that it follows the topic discussed.

What is wrong with changing the home page from time to time. BITOG got a face lift not so long ago. Automobile models get at least a cosmetic change every year. Not me, but most of the country voted for change last year. To those I would caution be careful what you wish for.

But for Frank's site, it is a good change. The quality of the site is now more inline with the quality of the product. He is also eating extra freight charges by utilizing UPS for all domestic orders. A great improvement in servicing the customer.

100% nothing and I like it and hope it stays this way. Just saying it changes alot, based on past changes. That is all and I agree and I do not vote on that change either! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back