Auto-Rx Initial Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drained the initial Auto-Rx application from my 97 F150 mixed with Pennzoil 5W20 and my wife's 96 Outback mixed with MaxLife 10W30. The oil in both was very dark. The drain from the F150 is usually amber. They both had a reddish tint to it as well. I will be cutting open the filters and trying to post photo's as well. Can anyone give me some help on how to post those?

From the initial drain it looks like the cleaner is doing it's job. Will be interested in the filter pics as well as the post rinse cycle pics.

I refilled the F150 with Chevron Supreme 5W20 and the Outback with Castrol HM 5W30 for the rinse cycles.

For the future fills, I plan on using Chevron Supreme in 10W30 for the Outback and Chevron Supreme or Pennzoil 5W20 in the F150.

John

you need to upload the images to either a place like angelfire, or imagestation.com. then u direct link from there...

if u need anyhelp, my email is listed and u can send me the pics and i can upload them for you and put it on this site...

Got a neat tool from a link in a post here to cut open my filters. What an easy job with the right tool. Anyway the filters looked dirty but no sludgy gunk in either. Both vehicles are on the rinse cycle now and will be interested when I pull those to inspect.

The filter on my F150 was from Jiffy Lube. I was leaving on a trip for work and thought it'd be a good way to get a good portion of the initial cleaning out of the way. I didn't have time to do it myself then and I didn't have a spare pure one filter with me that I usually carry. Much to my surprise when I cut it open, it had cardboard endcaps that were badly deformed after only 1500 miles. They were starting to swell and fray aroud the edges as well as not being straight. Glad I had the time to do it myself on the rinse phase and used a Pure One. The Purolator on my wife's Outback was perfect. Small, but not clogged.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back