Auto-Rx in trans for approx 3000km now.......

I have had Auto-Rx recommended dose in my 4l60E Holden transmission for approx 3000km as i have not got around to changing the oil out yet and i just changed the filter 15,000k's ago. Trans done 220,000km. Any issues leaving it a bit longer, or should i flush it through the lines and do the filter later ? Thanks

vxcalais

Yeah up to 200ml. I will probably do a line flush myself sometime soon. Im in the middle of finishing up building, and moving into new house and i just cant find the time with my car anymore.....which is a good thing as i spend too much time with it hehe.

I ran 6oz of Auto RX in the transmission in my moms car for over 6700 miles before changing the fluid. The fluid came out looking only slightly darkened. After I changed it, the squeal that was the reason I put Auto RX in in the first place started to come back. I added 6 more ounces of Auto RX to the fresh fluid and the squeal is once again gone. From now on, at least 6oz of Auto RX will be in every transmission I care for, at all times.

Originally Posted By: sprintman
You need a full flush to get the gunk out of the converter. In the U.S they have a T-Tech flush, maybe available here.
Doing a cooler line flush is the same thing. He will get the gunk out of the transmission.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
I ran 6oz of Auto RX in the transmission in my moms car for over 6700 miles before changing the fluid. The fluid came out looking only slightly darkened. After I changed it, the squeal that was the reason I put Auto RX in in the first place started to come back. I added 6 more ounces of Auto RX to the fresh fluid and the squeal is once again gone. From now on, at least 6oz of Auto RX will be in every transmission I care for, at all times.
Yep, ARX is working great in my XC70's tranny, too. I can't see any good reason to change it out.

The good reason to change out the fluid is to rid the system of particulates and wear metals. You guys are making a good case for the supplemental lubricity of ARX into ATF however. I can only fathom that a transmission squeel or skreetch would come from a bearing crying for additional lubrication. Could there be a need for a transmission maintenance dose?

Originally Posted By: Rick20
The good reason to change out the fluid is to rid the system of particulates and wear metals. You guys are making a good case for the supplemental lubricity of ARX into ATF however. I can only fathom that a transmission squeel or skreetch would come from a bearing crying for additional lubrication. Could there be a need for a transmission maintenance dose?
My thought was that it was a bearing as well, or possibly a seal around a rotating shaft that needed some lube. I think a transmission maintenance dose might be a good idea.