AUTO RX In The Fridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard ARX had a pour point of 60 degrees F. Thought that was kind of high so I poured a 12 ounce bottle into a glass 16 ounce mason jar put a lid on it and put in the fridge. 2 hours later it was a soft solid mass. Gonna warm it back up an see what happens.
Just messing around doing my own non-technical experiment, but I did want to check out the pour point.
mikeyoilnutt

Post pics if you can.

By a 'soft solid mass' do you mean you could set something like a nickel on top and it wouldn't sink?

Also, can you please put a thermometer in the fridge and tell us what temp your fridge is. Should be 36-40F, but I'm curious.

'Preciate it!

It isn't news that ARX is thick when cold. The instructions have always said to warm it in hot water before pouring.

I don't consider this a groundbreaking experiment, nor does it reveal anything new, but I suppose it could be fun. It'll give the haters something to talk about anyways...

Different fluids have different pour points. We have some aditives that have a 90 degree F pour point.

If you use ARX or any high PP fluid in the winter, always bring inside and warm it up before pouring it in.

Does ARX remove frost? Prevent freezer burn?
28.gif

Auto RX has about the same viscosity as a 5W-20 at 40C and 100C, and once mixed with the oil it won't get nearly as solid as it does by itself.

Originally Posted By: Mamala Bay
Why not try mixing ARX with recommended dosage with oil and see what happens in refrig.

I did better than that, I actually put it in the freezer for 12 hours, 2 ounces of arx mixed with 18 ounces of oil.

And what's the point behind the "ARX in the fridge experiment"?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
40.gif
40.gif
40.gif
40.gif

HEY LET'S SPAM THIS THREAD SO PEOPLE WILL STOP READING BEFORE THEY REALIZE THIS STUFF TURNS OIL TO JELLO.

SOUND FUN, GUYS?

LET'S GO!!!!!!
40.gif
40.gif
40.gif
40.gif

You are such a shower bag.

Well I do not have a digital camera. The only thermometers I have around the house do not go into the 50 degree F. and below range. Yes you can put a quarter on top of the stuff and the quarter will not sink. Took it out of the fridge and after a few hours it was back to normal. I am going to stick it in the freezer and see what happens. It actually is the color of the Jagermeister (the liquid not the bottle) that is in the freezer too.
Why am I doing this? No real reason. Just my own experiment.
I will try do repeat what c3po (seems like he is always ahead of the game anyway) did by mixing it with oil.
I like the spam pictures. Spam is really good on the grill.
mikeyoilnutt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back