Auto RX improves mileage 40%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I am amazed at the hatred towards Frank and the product...much of it by people who have never even tried AutoRX. If they did try it and it did not work out, I am sure Frank would send you your money back. Did you try?

I am not going to try to guess peoples motives for why the hate, anger and trash talking. I will say that in my case the product works as advertised.

This speaks more for people's personalities than it does anything about products.

Originally Posted By: another Todd
I don't work for a competitor. I have bought his stuff and used it per directions with no observable results, yet it was hyped to no end here. As others have said recently, it seems more and more people are getting no results from it. Just when this talk is getting louder, he comes out with this e-mail with a hyped up testimonial about a 40% increase in mileage, that my friend is snake oil salesman speak. I like and use Seafoam myself, I learned about that on this forum also, but Seafoam has shown me results, especially in my outboard motor.

If you do not like it, do not buy it and tell others your outcome. Tell them to not buy it. That is what I do when I got something and it does not work.

Yes it “hyped to no end here” and for many reasons. I have posted on why I think so…

It is always the same users posting on it and I remember many moons ago it was said, “ARX works if you work it”. Not saying whom said it but it does work, MOST OF THE TIME and not all. I say that since if it did you would not be reading this post. But, I can take the ARX side and maybe you did not do it corretly..I know what you are thinking. 

When I read an email like this that posts results and make spelling errors etc, I wonder what would Frank say if, for example, another sponsor said that? He would be all over it. That is what bothers me about it.

Based on being here for sometime, this is nothing new (typo’s etc), angry……that is why I think he is no longer here. It actually helps his business.

I have used it and it has worked.

PEACE OUT..

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Quote:
I am amazed at the hatred towards Frank and the product...much of it by people who have never even tried AutoRX. If they did try it and it did not work out, I am sure Frank would send you your money back. Did you try?

I am not going to try to guess peoples motives for why the hate, anger and trash talking. I will say that in my case the product works as advertised.

I agree with Gary Allan. Why all the trash talk perhaps the mods should check this thread out.

dbeland-
Posted above, the motives at times were self-induced on both sides. Just do a search and see.

I am not taking sides but you, as an ARX mod are. When when a current sponser even in the past, told him to clam down....

Both users and him needed to calm down and think...When you are asking for mods, this I hope will not turn into another MIA ARX thread...If it does, it puts another "nail" in it.

I am out and leaving this thread..It is turning into the norm about certain this...Back to the other oil site. :)

Being a member here for a few years now I've noticed some people bashing and product bashing. Most of the bashing IMO is done by people who never used a product, but feel, or heard it was snake oil, and are passing along what they've heard. Granted products like Slick 50 and a few others that were called out and proven to be garbage are fair game. Products like A-Rx, MMO, Schaeffers #132, Techron, and a few others have a good following on the board and many satisfied users. Based on that I'd be willing to try any of them. Then and only then state my opinion from first hand use.

People who haven't used a product shouldn't comment. Rant off.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
40% claim is silly though.

Not if it's one of the sludge prone Toyota engines and it was severely gunked up.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

Not if it's one of the sludge prone Toyota engines and it was severely gunked up.

Again if someone else posted that it would be laughed at too I as in the past here)...Take a step back and look around...It is a BLANK when you think about it.

A blonde too...LMAO

Originally Posted By: Steve S
40% claim is silly though.

+1 a stretch for sure, but the product does work. A-Rx stopped a leak. As far as oil use goes A-rx gave me an extra 300-500 miles/ qt of oil.

People have to realize not every car is a canditate for any of these products. The way I see it is like this, you have a car that is in bad shape and see amazing improvement. You're a happy camper.

You have a car that is in poor shape and nothing can help it. The product gets bashed.

You see a slight improvement. You're on the fence.

Then people read a bad review, or spoke to someone who had a POS beyond repair and they complain and bash a product based on that review. Those people have no right to say anything.

JMO

I recently just finished the Auto-Rx clean phase in my car. I don't know if it did anything since the car is fairly new to me (~5 months) and I dumped a bottle of Auto-Rx in after only driving it for 400 miles. They engine has been smooth from the beginning from what I can tell. What I noticed though it that the oil that came out was one of the darkest I've seen. It was dark amber, almost brown on the dipstick before I drained it. Car has 84k miles currently. I put about 5000 miles on the car since I bought it. Changed the filter after 2500 miles with the Auto-Rx in the crankcase and added a quart of new oil.

So I can't say it worked or didn't work in my car, but I've seen enough before and after pictures with valve covers removed to believe that when there's something for it to work on (i.e. sludge) then it works as advertised.

I personally don't even care about the sludge removal. Its ability to clean piston rings is what makes the most improvement in a vehicle.

Originally Posted By: another Todd
I don't work for a competitor. I have bought his stuff and used it per directions with no observable results, yet it was hyped to no end here. As others have said recently, it seems more and more people are getting no results from it. Just when this talk is getting louder, he comes out with this e-mail with a hyped up testimonial about a 40% increase in mileage, that my friend is snake oil salesman speak. I like and use Seafoam myself, I learned about that on this forum also, but Seafoam has shown me results, especially in my outboard motor.

ARX will only do something for you if there's a problem to fix. If your rings aren't coked up and there's no sludge issues, there's nothing for it to do in your particular engine.

Stating that ARX *will* increase fuel economy is kind of silly. Stating that it's capable of cleaning any deposits of X type which may exist which will result in cleaner running, more power, and increased fuel economy would be a perfectly fair statement.

It had some positive effect for me, but it wasn't a miracle and I wasn't expecting one. I'm pretty OCD and my engine is in great shape. I decided to give it a try to further enhance my OCD nature and I did get a performance increase in the first couple hundred km (whether it was rings, or action on seals in my variable cam timing gear I don't know).

Ive used it on a car with 179,000 and 155,000. Gase mileage rose in both enough to really notice and compression in all cylinders went up. No complaints from me. Money well spent.

I wasn't aware that Frank was no longer a sponsor ?

I have used Auto-Rx in 3 of my 4 vehicles and I have one bottle left. I'm sure it works to some degree but how well it works I really can't say.

I have always wondered if just running Pennzoil Platinum with the 46% sludge cleanup claim or the Mobil 1 High Mileage claim of using a short initial change as the cleanup progresses works every bit as well if not better than Auto-Rx?

Without carefully controlled testing how can we really know for sure?
21.gif

Ring pack cleaning is the main thing I'm after. Under my Mazda's valve cover it still looks bad. 1 1/2 bottles and a high spped run to Melbourne and back did wonders. 3,000 kms so far on this clean, 7,000 kms to go (6,200 miles in total)

I used it on two vehicles, one of them two applications, maybe 20,000 miles apart. Both had seal seepage issues. RX did nothing for either one and besides the leaks still being there no difference in the operation of either one as well.

maybe it does work for some people, the maintenance dose, IMO, is truly a waste of money and effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back