Auto RX improves mileage 40%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snake oil Frank is at it again with this e-mail I got today. They did a test, and they don't even know what they did! In describing the test, they describe how the first three cars got the ARX, the last three did not. At the test conclusion, they state that the first two cars got better mileage and were the only ones to get the ARX. WHAT? Then they throw in a "testimonial" from an old lady who claims her Avalon with 15,000 miles went from 19 to 26.9 MPG during the rinse phase. Does anybody believe this [censored]? E-mail below is cut and pasted.

Auto-Rx Worldwide, Inc. [[email protected]]; on behalf of; Auto-Rx Worldwide, Inc. [[email protected]]

"A Clean Engine is a Healthy Engine!" July 2009
KEEPIN' IT CLEAN WITH AUTO-RX®

Rising cost of gas keeping you home?
With pump prices rising to new levels, this taxi fleet test with Auto-Rx® might be worth reading!

The purpose of the test was to see if Auto-Rx® is worth the cost of the product and the time it takes to add it at every oil change. Auto-Rx® is added to the motor oil to clean the engine and remove harmful deposits that cause engine over-heating and poor performance.

The test was conducted on six Ford Crown Victorias. All cars were driven by taxi drivers in regular service in good weather. Mileage was tested and hand calculated at the start and compared with ScanGauge readings. The ScanGauge was used for all future readings. Any errors were consistent; that is, if it was 4% off, it was 4% off on every tank for a given vehicle. Error rates ranged from 2% high to 7% high for different gauges on different cars, and since this test looks for trends, not absolute values, the ScanGauge readings were accepted because we were using different vehicles. The same driver always drove the same car. All vehicles were serviced every 3,000 miles, and conventional 5w-30 oil was used. Each car was driven for 500 miles to get a base line for mileage before the testing began.
• Vehicles 1 and 2 received Auto-Rx®and the driver was aware of the test.
• Vehicle 3 driver was aware of the mileage test but was told we were testing mileage with different tire pressure settings; the vehicle received Auto-Rx®.
• Vehicle 4 driver was aware of the test, but we used an engine flush.
• Vehicle 5 driver was told it was a mileage test with different tire pressures; this too was an engine flush car.
• Vehicle 6 driver was aware of the test but was told it was a tire pressure test; the vehicle received a gas additive, which was actually regular unleaded gasoline with a blue dye.
All vehicle tires were run with 40psi, which is the usual pressure for the fleet. Mileage varied a great deal between cars and is the result of very different driving styles. At the beginning, the worst was 11 mpg and the best was 16 mpg during the 500-mile pretest run. All vehicles improved their mileage numbers when the test began over the first four tanks of fuel. The average improvement over four tanks was 3% from the actual start of testing. The ScanGauge readings for gallons per hour at idle were recorded on all vehicles at .5 to .8 gph.

After 33,000 miles, results showed that Vehicle 1 and Vehicle 2, the only vehicles that had received Auto-Rx®, had steadily increasing gas mileage. The other four vehicles that were NOT treated with Auto-Rx® had no improvement in gas mileage. Read the test results here!

Better gas mileage was NOT what Auto-Rx® was made for, but it's often a side benefit because, once your motor has been cleaned with Auto-Rx®, the engine performs better due to the oil being able to work as it was intended. READ THE AMAZING DETAILS OF HOW AUTO-RX® WORKS. . .

A Woman's View on the Ease of Using Auto-Rx® and the Surprising Better Gas Mileage
Testimonial from Barbara F. in Florida.....
I drive a 2003 Toyota Avalon that has just recently turned the 15,000 mark, so really still a new car, given the 200,000 plus miles that many Toyotas achieve for a lifetime. After the first year, my car started acting a bit sluggish. I really did not think much about it until a friend suggested Auto-Rx. I thought to myself, if it will give my car a pick-me-up for $25, count me in, so I ordered Auto-Rx® and printed out the instructions and waited for it to arrive.

There was nothing rocket science about using the product. Take the oil cap off, pour the stuff in, and drive 1,500 miles. Even a 61-year-old widowed lady could use Auto-Rx® with no problems or a man to help her.

When I reached the end of the 1,500-mile wash cycle, I was off to the Toyota dealership for a regularly scheduled oil change, the only difference being that I asked for non-synthetic oil to be put in my car for this particular oil change. Having not been employed for the last two years, most of my driving was short trips around town and very little highway mileage, so I know it will take me some time to reach the 2,000-mile mark for the rinse cycle.
Well, I am now 500 miles into the rinse cycle and had to fill up my tank. To my surprise, I had a dramatic change in miles per gallon! I had been getting almost 19 MPG on a regular basis, and to my utter amazement I had just gotten 26.9 MPG! I know none of us are happy when we have to pull up to the pump and give our hard-earned money for high-priced gas, but we all have to pay, just the same. No gas, no car! I will be going back to work next week in a sales job that will require a lot more short trip driving, translating into more trips to the gas pump.

If you happen to see a blond lady pumping this high-priced gas into her car with a smile on her face, it will be me, knowing I am getting a lot better MPG for my buck! If you have not tried Auto-Rx®, may I strongly suggest you do so as soon as possible and see the results for yourself.
What do you have to lose? You get a clean engine that all of a sudden has more pep. You know your car will be staying out of the shop for longer periods of time, and you will see an increase in your MPG. To me, that is the cheapest win-win situation you can get in today's world!

Read testimonials from other users of Auto-Rx®!

Quick Links
Motorcycles FAQs Transmissions

Click here to see the Material Safety Data Sheet on Auto-Rx®

Savings Offer
(all prices in U.S. Dollars)
2 bottles $21.77 each ($43.54 total - Save $10.00)
3 bottles $20.10 each ($60.30 total - Save $20.00)
4 bottles $19.27 each ($77.08 total - Save $30.00)

Visit our ORDER page for even greater savings!
SHIPPING IS FREE ON ALL DOMESTIC ORDERS

You better have a flame suit on under that suit of armor.
LOL.gif

Yeah, it looks pretty silly. I have to admit.

Last edited:
You can call it snake oil, but it is the most effective "snake oil" I have used to get better engine performance in older engines without rebuilding or disassmbling the engine.

I took it for what it is, an email to keep you reminded of Auto-rx and to boost summer sales in return. Frank doesn't have a marketing dept to make up a superslick email. He does the best he can with the resources he has. Sure beats the Castrol "think with your dipstick!" routine.

35.gif

39.gif
18.gif

Yeah I got that email as well.....I was considering posting another thread about how Pennzoil Platinum cleans up XYZ% of sludge in the first oil change ....compared to Mobil 1 High Mileage. So why can't THEY also claim increased fuel economy from sludge reduction?

I always used to read these testimonials in the voice of "BILLY MAYS HERE FOR AUTO-RX!" but I just can't do it anymore. The world is indeed a darker place.
frown.gif

Last edited:
I do know from personal experience that ARX drops my warm idle fuel consumption from 0.45 gallons/hour to 0.40 gallons/hour. Over a typical 7k oil change for me, it works out to be a net savings.

I don't work for a competitor. I have bought his stuff and used it per directions with no observable results, yet it was hyped to no end here. As others have said recently, it seems more and more people are getting no results from it. Just when this talk is getting louder, he comes out with this e-mail with a hyped up testimonial about a 40% increase in mileage, that my friend is snake oil salesman speak. I like and use Seafoam myself, I learned about that on this forum also, but Seafoam has shown me results, especially in my outboard motor.

i guess if the car was sludged up you could get double digit % gains.
i did notice a little smoother running and maybe a couple mpg. i think ARx may also be a friction modifier

to me the best selling point of ARx is what it does, clean, so even more pics of before/after valve cover off would be more convincing. tear down even more convincing

It's too bad Frank is sick and unfortunately from that e-mail, not thinking straight. His product does work IMO, and in the applications I have used it in. It's too bad that his mind might be going and this sort of advertising might be the downfall of an actually good product.
smirk2.gif

I wish Frank all the best and hope that he regains his health.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Explain 'observable results' and if you say "I looked under the valve cover" you have failed miserably.

I can't speak for anyone else but I have tested 2 different cars with AutoRX

1) 1996 Chevy Cavalier
-90k on odometer
-car saw 3k OCIs on dino its entire life
-single clean/rinse of 2500 miles each
-compression rose in all 4 chambers by at least 15 PSI
-MPG went from around 31 on trips to 34

2) Friend's Civic (2003 I think)
-70k on car
-Mobil1 every 5,000 miles
-single clean/rinse
-compression rose around 4 PSI in each chamber
-MPG went up around 2 MPG on trips according to friend who owned car

I run the maintenance doses in my 2006 Mazda6i and 2007 Escape with dino. Done it since new so I don't really have comparisons but I get about 33mpg (29 MPG EPA) in the 6i and 28 MPG (24 MPG EPA).

Frank is full of [censored]....just another sleazy salesman puffing up his product trying to extract $$$ from individuals trying to cut their maintenance costs - no wonder he is no longer a sponser,as most here are too informed to believe stupid claims like that.

Wow, like 6 months ago everyone here LOVED Auto RX.

Next yall will be ripping on GC and PP.

I've used it in 3 cars and 1 neglected bus and have had "noticable results". Smoother idle, better accelleration, and I was going to post about how I put 6oz in my Transmission and it has been shifting MUCH smoother.

Im also using it in a 1980 dodge van that has been modified into a 20 passenger bus. But I havent shared that either. The experiment isnt over.
Oh yeah, before I got to work on the bus the origional owner changed the oil ONCE, since 1980. Right now it is used for a homeless ministry on weekends and I help the "new" owner with maintenance.

It is a great product. You dont have to like their commercials. Say what you want. You are entitled to your opinion.

It worked for me.

Edited to add:
Those are in the "Testimonial" section of his website and are not new news. Both of them were conducted and written by people who decided to use the product on their own.

Last edited:
I have used many "cleaning" products. If you check my posts I was a defender of Rislone for many years. While I did not trash AutoRX I did not try it for a long time.

When I finally did use it, I was happy with the results. The engines, particularly one of my work Explorers was noticeably smoother. MPG was up although I tend not to make a big deal of that due to the varying terrain driven, time of year and different workers driving my vehicles.

I am amazed at the hatred towards Frank and the product...much of it by people who have never even tried AutoRX. If they did try it and it did not work out, I am sure Frank would send you your money back. Did you try?

I am not going to try to guess peoples motives for why the hate, anger and trash talking. I will say that in my case the product works as advertised.

BTW I ran AutoRX nearly 5,000 miles clean and nearly 5,000 miles rinse.

Another thing that amazes me is those who think a qt. of oil bought for .99 is all that an oil can be. that it offers the maximum protection, cleaning, MPG on and on. That nothing known to man could possibly do better than what is in that .99 qt of oil. Anything else is snake oil

Truly amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back