Auto RX improves mileage 40%

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the one that was done twice initial dose (old instructions) was 500 (Amsoil)with a 1500 mile rinse Penzoil YB the second one was 1500 miles clean with chevron dino and 1500 mile rinse with same. Other vehicle was 1500 and 1500 I believe. Also cut open the filters on these runs and saw nothing of significance. Both vehicles were arouond 100,000 when done.

Did you stick with a conventional oil for at least another full OCI, after, cleaning and rinsing? If not I am not suprized that you didn't get the desired results.

Frank has become the famous person in the BITOG media world. It's a shame he gets treated as poorly as Sarah Palin around here. Probably because he created a great product, that can solve alot of problems, cheaply, with little effort. Yeah, BITOGGERS just can't stop talking about Frank. I can't figure out whether this is from the left wing, or the wing nut media.

Amsoil syn or dino? And the ring area is pressure fed, under the valve cover splash only. you tell me which will get the benefit. for anybody using RX use ester/PAO free oil and run at least 3-5,000 miles.

Originally Posted By: Craig in Canada
ARX will only do something for you if there's a problem to fix. If your rings aren't coked up and there's no sludge issues, there's nothing for it to do in your particular engine.

Bull's-eye.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
40% claim is silly though.

Again, it can happen if the rings are really coked up. A friend of mine went from 5.5 km/L (13 mpg) to 7.7 km/L (18 mpg) within the first 500km on a 2004 BMW 318i (4-cyl). He had been following the BMW recommended OCI of 24,000 km (15,000 mi). Everyone here would agree that is way too long especially for an oil sump of only 4.25 liters. Since then, I've seen similar results on engines treated the same way.

CLEAN ENGINES understandably won't respond well to Auto-Rx -- there's nothing to clean in the first place.

Quote:
Even a 61-year-old widowed lady could use Auto-Rx® with no problems or a man to help her.

My wife read this and found it offensive.

And, no, she's not some kind of radical feminist. She's quite feminine, but she does have a brain. I know a couple of women around 61 that could probably take Frank in a fight - and would just for saying such a thing. It's 2009 - women took off the lace gloves about 50 years ago. I know plenty of girls and women who do all their regular maintenance without a 'man to help them'. Of course there's plenty of men who don't even know which dipstick is the transmission and which is the oil. Just because you grew up with man parts doesn't mean you know about car parts. Talk about 'Old School.' Jeez.

Quote:
Even a 61-year-old widowed lady could use Auto-Rx® with no problems or a man to help her.

Testimonial #51 has finally appeared on BITOG. I found it very inspirational.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Rick20
I can't figure out whether this is from the left wing, or the wing nut media.

Maybe just maybe, he got people upset with his posts to others.. It is not too hard here to understand. Just do a search here......................

Not taking sides on this site, just calling it the way it shows.
36.gif

Autorx worked for me bigtime, especially in my transmission! Smooth shifting EO4D tranny when it was shifting hard. Sometimes I think those guys overthere should just let the product results speak for themselves. No need to make funky claims, it removes sludge, grime, and contaminants from whatever you put it in. I'm offended that you call him Snake Oil Frank though, that was weak. The guy makes some weird claims, but Autorx isn't snake oil at all. Anyone who says it is is sadly mistaken.

15k and it running "sluggish"? Maybe if she kept the same oil in it from 2003...

I don't know regardless of whats said in the email it doesn't sound legitimate. I've heard good things about AutoRX, I myself having never used it would if I needed an engine cleaning, but I wouldn't use it with the notion of receiving improved mpg's.

I take written testimonials with a grain of salt. OTOH I have a friend in NY who tried A-Rx and claims it stopped a leak and slowed oil use a bit. That is good enough of a testimonial for me.

With any additive there is also the placebo effect. Someone who spends $20+ for an additive expects it to work, and a good part of it could be in their head. But when a leak stops, or oil use is reduced, it's not the placebo effect.

I've read enough about A-rX to believe there is some value to the product, especially if the car is really sludged up, or leaking. I would not call it snake oil. There are to many respected members who had positive results to call it snake oil. JMO

AD

Sprintman, Did ARX help with the enos system in your Beemer? I think that the more sophisticated engines become, with variable timing, the more a product like ARX becomes. But then again we in the US will be driving electric golf carts disguised as cars soon, the way things are going.

Go back through time a bit and you can find alot of testimonials from people who thought Slick 50 performed miracles also

I got between 3.7-5.5% increase and I was thrilled. I went from 26 mpg to roughly 27-27.5 mpg after the treatment.
I'm wondering what I did wrong since I got such a small increase.

Originally Posted By: [RT
ProjUltraZ] name another product that cleans piston rings but does not improve under valve cover appearance

H20

This test was done by an independent company and not approved by Frank the original test results is on the Discussion Board if you want to view it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back