Auto parts commercial accounts

Autozone has some pretty good promos if you're willing to use their store-brand for certain maintenance items. For instance, they have a fixed price for pads and rotors by class of vehicle - often $100-$170 for their premium pads and rotors.

Autozone for me. I have several accounts but for the last year I have been 100% AZ whenever possible. Just a few reasons:

1. I get a rebate check every month for purchases - average rebate is $550 so real money
2. They stand behind their parts and me - the pay labor claims within 24 hrs with no issues
3. They provide a nationwide warranty on my work that my customers love
4. They give me a lot of free stuff lol
I also use AutoZone for commercial . How do I research rebates ?

I don't know about the competition but I think First Call (the O'Reilly commercial program) has fair pricing.

Some parts don't have much of a discount and stuff like motor oil has no discount at all BUT there are deals to be had and there is a value beyond the price of the parts.

Motor mounts are like half off retail sometimes. Batteries are a way better deal. If you buy an AC compressor and the AC service kit (receivier drier, etc) you get a nice package discount. But the best thing is the brake packages! It varies by vehicle category (car, SUV, etc) but the fixed price packages mean that depending on the vehicle you might be getting the pads and two rotors for about the retail price of one rotor LOL).

What I mean by there is value to be had is you can order online through First Call Online and ten minutes later the parts are at your shop. I hear time and time again from our customers that we deliver the fastest and it's one of the reasons we do so well.

There are promotions for ordering through First Call Online (1% earnback) or through a FCO integration with a shop management system (2% back) plus a 2% discount for paying your account off by a certain day. And they often run promos for random shop stuff... buy X amount of batteries and get a free battery charger, or buy X amount of cooling (radiators, fan clutches, water pumps) and get a free stool.

Labor claims can be complicated but off the top of my head I think that if you're a Certified Auto Repair member your customers get nationwide warranty on the parts and you get a certain number of expedited labor claims per year meaning you don't have to wait for the part to get shipped back to the vendor... they'll just pay it out almost instantly.

I'm sure the competitors have similar programs and of course your experience will depend on the size of the store, management and employees at the store, number of delivery trucks, distance from your shop to the store, etc. But overall I think O'Reilly does well with First Call and customers are happy for a reason.

So does anyone get a better deal if they give one vendor 90%+ of their business? I picked up on this vibe just watching when it wasn't on my dime, LOL.

My takeaway is that brakes and batteries are overpriced so they can give "discounts", LOL. I figured that out already.

So does anyone get a better deal if they give one vendor 90%+ of their business? I picked up on this vibe just watching when it wasn't on my dime, LOL.

My takeaway is that brakes and batteries are overpriced so they can give "discounts", LOL. I figured that out already.
Actually was wondering this, too. I get that NAPAs are all over the map, but does volume get you better pricing at O'Reilly or AZ, or are all commercial accounts the same?

For the record, I've been relatively impressed with O'Reilly FirstCall pricing on many -- but not all -- items

Actually was wondering this, too. I get that NAPAs are all over the map, but does volume get you better pricing at O'Reilly or AZ, or are all commercial accounts the same?

For the record, I've been relatively impressed with O'Reilly FirstCall pricing on many -- but not all -- items

At O'R most commercial accounts are the same regardless of volume. However there are "negotiated" accounts often used for national accounts or local government accounts.

Reactions: D60
I've been working on dealership parts for going on 21 years in northern NY.
We often need to use aftermarket parts for things like used car repairs for off brands, emergency repairs when parts aren't in stock, or older cars where customers need lower prices part options.

We use Auto Value most often, good prices, large inventory and fast delivery.

We also use a regional place called United Auto supply. Low prices, huge inventory, ok delivery time.

Our local Napa is pretty wholesale friendly, but on the other side of town, so delivery often isn't quick.

O'Reilly's has a big inventory, really fast delivery, and overall great service, but often the highest prices in town.

AutoZone doesn't deliver very fast to our shop, and my techs typically aren't very impressed with the quality of their parts.
When I was an active mechanic, the shop I worked at used AutoZone primarily then Advantage Auto Parts, United Auto supply, sometimes Napa for simple on the shelf stuff and advance Auto dead last only as a last resort. (Our O'Reilly's didn't open until after the shop closed down and the owner ran away to Florida) on my own vehicles the business owner would let me use the shops accounts. For the most part I would go through AZ for simple things like fluids and tune-up parts. (And can't wait for FCP Euro or ipd or Rock Auto) For brake pads, I have always been partial to the Bosch perfect stops from Advantage Auto.

In regards to AutoZone commercial, their commercial account managers would usually go above and beyond to locate hard to find parts and also when dealing with warranty claims. The downer with using AZ primarily however, was the fact that delivery was unbelievably slow about 50% of the time. To the point where it was faster for me to stop what I was doing, jump in either my car or my truck, and drive across town to pick things up myself. Not to mention their brake parts sucked.

Last edited:
  • Wow
click on the provantage logo (in the pro website) for details and your commercial acct manager can set you up. There is a minimum weekly avg you must buy to be eligible for rebate money. The more you buy the bigger the rebate.
If I spend $1000 a week do you think that would even make me eligible? Thanks so much !

If I spend $1000 a week do you think that would even make me eligible? Thanks so much !
Yes that would make you eligible for up to 7% rebate. At 1500/week it goes to 10%. Key point in getting your max reward is to use the electronic ordering system (website AutozonePro) that gets the most rebates.

When I was an active mechanic, the shop I worked at used AutoZone primarily then Advantage Auto Parts, United Auto supply, sometimes Napa for simple on the shelf stuff and advance Auto dead last only as a last resort. (Our O'Reilly's didn't open until after the shop closed down and the owner ran away to Florida) on my own vehicles the business owner would let me use the shops accounts. For the most part I would go through AZ for simple things like fluids and tune-up parts. (And can't wait for FCP Euro or ipd or Rock Auto) For brake pads, I have always been partial to the Bosch perfect stops from Advantage Auto.

In regards to AutoZone commercial, their commercial account managers would usually go above and beyond to locate hard to find parts and also when dealing with warranty claims. The downer with using AZ primarily however, was the fact that delivery was unbelievably slow about 50% of the time. To the point where it was faster for me to stop what I was doing, jump in either my car or my truck, and drive across town to pick things up myself. Not to mention their brake parts sucked.
My AZ is either lightening fast or slow as snails. I give them a 80/20 since they are mostly very quick but can be slow when they have to go to other stores to gather my parts order. I am happy overall with their speed. As far as their brakes, give them another chance because they have really upped their game and the Duralast Gold is actually Bosch Blue pads and been really good. The key to to use the Gold or better brake parts and not the standard MKD labeled red box stuff.

Those PerfectStops are pretty decent pads. One of the local parts houses carries them as an Auto Value affiliate. Around here, I see more AutoZone drivers than O’Reilly - especially at the mom and pops and Firestone shops.

The key to to use the Gold or better brake parts and not the standard MKD labeled red box stuff.
Duralast Gold is made in India - same deal with BrakeBest Select in the yellow/gold box and ImportDirect at OR as well as Carquest Premium/Platinum at AA/Carquest. MAT Roulunds, aka Dan-Blok makes them, and Mercedes Star Parts as well as Volvo uses them as a supplier too. Bendix pads are now made in India. A neighbor has BrakeBest Select on a Toyota. Besides from being a little noisy, they seem to work good - I much prefer Akebono or high-quality Chinesium(DFC) if OE is not an option on Japanese cars but have been curious.

Duralast Gold is made in India - same deal with BrakeBest Select in the yellow/gold box and ImportDirect at OR as well as Carquest Premium/Platinum at AA/Carquest. MAT Roulunds, aka Dan-Blok makes them, and Mercedes Star Parts as well as Volvo uses them as a supplier too. Bendix pads are now made in India. A neighbor has BrakeBest Select on a Toyota. Besides from being a little noisy, they seem to work good - I much prefer Akebono or high-quality Chinesium(DFC) if OE is not an option on Japanese cars but have been curious.
It depends on the application as not all Duralast Gold is made in India. I install them daily and see other COO as well. My AZ commercial rep tells me the Gold pads are Bosch blue so where ever they are made.

Yes that would make you eligible for up to 7% rebate. At 1500/week it goes to 10%. Key point in getting your max reward is to use the electronic ordering system (website AutozonePro) that gets the most rebates.
As in just order off my iPad and computer? Do I need my manager or the district manager to get the rebate setup ? Can't hit $1500 but can $1000!

Not that anyone should care but I appreciate all the feedback from this thread.

I presently just have an O'Reilly account and have been pleasantly surprised. They even deliver to me which is crazy because I'm in relative BFE, about 25 miles of mostly rural driving from "my" store (your commercial account defaults to one store although you can order from any location with your account number)

O'Reilly didn't even ask for proof that I have a registered business (I do). Maybe they searched the Sec of State because it's all public record. The commercial guys have been incredibly respectful and friendly, but that's gonna vary by location and labor market of course.

I need to get an AutoZone account based upon this thread. I'll be curious to see if they deliver as they're a bit further in the "center" of town. My O'Reilly is on the southern edge of town putting them closer to me a bit.

I don't have a lot of interest in NAPA and we don't have a local AAP or anything else. edit: that said, comments on other stores are helpful to others who may have those in their local markets

As in just order off my iPad and computer? Do I need my manager or the district manager to get the rebate setup ? Can't hit $1500 but can $1000!
You have to join provantage - 1st year is free than after that its $50/mo but when you make the weekly numbers it's still free or $25. Worth every penny for the warranty they provide that pays your labor for up to 2yrs/24k miles and is nationwide for your customer - mine love it.

Back