Auto dealers!

The Mrs. has been looking for a newer car. Three local dealers have lured her in to see cars. One had dealer fees that totaled over $3,000 above and beyond the advertised price, nope. Another had an advertised car with undisclosed but significant hurricane damage (not flooded), the A pillar and windshield had significant damage, nope. The latest, which appeared to be 'the one', looked great and has low miles along with being optioned nicely. Price was negotiated and was reasonable, then she asked for the Carfax. They were not going to mention the two seperate airbag deployment events with suspension damage. Another "nope." [sarcasm], I'm beginning to distrust car dealers [/sarcasm].

They're going to do everything they can, to sell whatever they've got. Even more than ever before.

Read this for some tips:

Yep. I saw one Ford dealer adding $5000 to all used Mustangs book value due to ‘market adjustment’ .

I would continue the search there are some deals out there if you look hard enough and diligently. After all the dealer buys these vehicles from someone and you might as well buy before the dealer beats you to it. I do agree the prices are high right now and they appear to be going down as car lots fill up again after the last couple of years. Searching for a car is fun but can be time consuming that's for sure. Do not sell that 73 BBC Corvette.

The Mrs. has been looking for a newer car. Three local dealers have lured her in to see cars. One had dealer fees that totaled over $3,000 above and beyond the advertised price, nope. Another had an advertised car with undisclosed but significant hurricane damage (not flooded), the A pillar and windshield had significant damage, nope. The latest, which appeared to be 'the one', looked great and has low miles along with being optioned nicely. Price was negotiated and was reasonable, then she asked for the Carfax. They were not going to mention the two seperate airbag deployment events with suspension damage. Another "nope." [sarcasm], I'm beginning to distrust car dealers [/sarcasm].

All of the GM dealers I have seen are loaded with trucks, can probably get a good deal on one of those.

Local Ford dealer has a few Broncos at $10,000 over MSRP, been sitting there for several weeks now.
$10k over? yeepers. I wonder if that is part of a plan though: they want to keep that Bronco, as a nice lawn ornament, to attract buyers for other vehicles (but hey if someone really wanted the Bronco at that price, then that is gravy of course).

$10k over? yeepers. I wonder if that is part of a plan though: they want to keep that Bronco, as a nice lawn ornament, to attract buyers for other vehicles (but hey if someone really wanted the Bronco at that price, then that is gravy of course).
They had some priced at $15,000 over several months ago.

Back