Auto Car Wash Left Scuff Marks - How To Remove ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to being away from home driving in salt spray , I was forced to go through an auto car wash (the horror !) .
Unfortunately one of their cloth strip machines left significant scuffs over a fender well which washing and polishing did not remove .
The scuff marks are the same color as the cloth wiper strips (gosh knows what it is that transferred to my paint resulting in scuff marks ?)
Any suggestions how to remove since washing and polishing did not remove the scuff marks ?
Thanks in advance !

Meguiars Ultimate Compound at Walmart should take care of it. Just wax/seal afterwards for some protection from the elements.

I agree that rubbing compound should do it, I have some cheap stuff from WM or an auto parts store that I don't think is Meguiars...no idea what brand it actually is, though. The stuff is really like magic for the right kind of job.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Meguiars Ultimate Compound at Walmart should take care of it. Just wax/seal afterwards for some protection from the elements.

+1 When I come across some weird scuff marks on my cars, I bust out UC and it does a fantastic job.

Originally Posted by mclasser
Originally Posted by SatinSilver

+1 When I come across some weird scuff marks on my cars, I bust out UC and it does a fantastic job.

Love Meguiar's UC!

Even by hand for small scuffs it works wonders.

*Meg's Ultimate Polish .
Originally Posted by rooflessVW
What did you "polish" with?

Try a clay bar.

Edit: share a photo if you can.

Also tried a clay bar before the Meg's Polish and it didn't cut through the scuff marks - it just made the area smooth like a normal clay bar does ...

Originally Posted by ChrisD46
Also tried a clay bar before the Meg's Polish and it didn't cut through the scuff marks - it just made the area smooth like a normal clay bar does ...

Without a photo I'd say it's time to step up to UC, then follow it with UP.

Meguiar's Ultimate Polish is a very fine abrasive.

Originally Posted by ChrisD46

Clay bar isn't a polish so it isn't going to remove scuff marks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back