$10 For An Automatic Car Wash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SaturnIonVue
I think too, there is a risk of corrosion from recycled water ladened with salt.

Un-factual. The water, when recycled, is purer then what you drink out of your tap (except, of course, it's missing the minerals/chlorine/fluoride). That's why it's rather unusual to get water spots from an auto wash (although it's still a possibility). Don't worry, I didn't believe it at first either, until a carwash tech filled me in at the time. Most laws governing recycled water are extremely strict.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
I bought an "Ultimate" car wash at the Shell gas station today. It was $10!
shocked2.gif

Well, you could buy a piece of land, get it zoned, and put a "Ultimate" or other car wash on it. Think you should be able to do that for under $200,000(low side), depending on where you live. Then you could charge everybody else $10 and get your own done free
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: firemachine69
Originally Posted By: SaturnIonVue
I think too, there is a risk of corrosion from recycled water ladened with salt.

Un-factual. The water, when recycled, is purer then what you drink out of your tap (except, of course, it's missing the minerals/chlorine/fluoride). That's why it's rather unusual to get water spots from an auto wash (although it's still a possibility). Don't worry, I didn't believe it at first either, until a carwash tech filled me in at the time. Most laws governing recycled water are extremely strict.

Ya right! Fat chance!

Do you know how expensive it would be to remove the salt from the recycled water? Save for the "fresh water" rinse, your vehicle is being blasted with nasty salt water.

I dare you to drink that recycled water....go ahead! I'm waiting!

Originally Posted By: bretfraz
Read up on car wash water recycling systems. Depending on design, maybe not tap water quality but more than clean enough to wash your car safely.

http://www.aquamizer.com/

Nothing on that webpage discusses desalination of recycled wash water. When they say their process is "salt free" on that page, they are discussing their alternative method of softening hard water (as some other methods of water softening use salt in the process ). Nowhere do they claim their technology will convert salt water into fresh water.

Desalination of recyled wash water is very expensive.

Have a look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desalination

Actually, after having a look at the rest of their website, they do offer a reverse osmosis process that will desalinate water. But this is definetely not part of the standard filtration process, and is likely what most carwashes use for their "fresh water" rinse.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
I wash my car like 3 times a year. I use the $1 car wash that I spray and rinse myself

I bet it really looks good!

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I use free car wash once a week at the dealer I bought my cars. I don't know if it's hand wash or not but the car is very clean after washed, they also vacuum inside too. More good deal: they have free Starbuck coffee and free bottle water.

Mercedes or Lexus? I know it is not a BMW dealer.

Back on subject, I use a "soft touch" drive thru wash weekly, it drags micro fiber like strips over your car and has slow spinning strips that do the sides and wheels, it then blows the majority of the water off and you exit to an outside vacuum station which you do yourself. Once outside, I dry the truck (f150 super crew) off the rest of the way with a waffle weave towel, and then vacuum.
@$5 (this is the cheapest option they go up to $10) a week for this, I hardly can not justify my time in dragging out a hose and a bucket and for the people that say it scratches my truck, I'm pretty particular and in the past 6 months of this routine, I can find no real evidence of this and I look good. Now I am not saying it doesn’t but its good enough for my daily driver commuter. If it was a Vett , Porsche, or Ferrari, no.
This is my truck...

bayousupercrew-albums-my-trucks-journey-does-ever-end-picture26092-a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back