Audi Q5 Quatro question

I'm considering the Q5 as my next vehicle purchase. Couple questions: I'm assuming that the engine sits sideways, so does that mean that the Quatro system is basically a Haldex system as opposed to Audi's Quatro system? Or am I wrong? Does the 2022/2023 model with the 261 hp. (2.0T) engine have paddle shifters? I'm not sure that it does. I currently have an S3 and love the DCT with the paddles.

Thanks for any info.

I'm considering the Q5 as my next vehicle purchase. Couple questions: I'm assuming that the engine sits sideways, so does that mean that the Quatro system is basically a Haldex system as opposed to Audi's Quatro system? Or am I wrong? Does the 2022/2023 model with the 261 hp. (2.0T) engine have paddle shifters? I'm not sure that it does. I currently have an S3 and love the DCT with the paddles.

Thanks for any info.
Q5 has a proper engine setup: longitudinal.
The current quattro is still Torsen, but the ultra version has decoupling.

Quattro with Ultra Technology is more like a Haldex than Torsen, which is supplied by Magna. Unlike Haldex, Ultra can send up to 70% torque to the rear wheels (Haldex is 50%)

Quattro with Ultra Technology is more like a Haldex than Torsen, which is supplied by Magna. Unlike Haldex, Ultra can send up to 70% torque to the rear wheels (Haldex is 50%)
Did not really dwell on that Ultra thing. I was assuming it is a Torsen type considering the longitudinal setup.

Back