ATT: Bror Jace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short answer: Don't know.
frown.gif

I haven't heard from him since October 31 - Halloween. I don't even know if he's swapped the Castrol GTX out or not. I'll ask him when I babysit his kids this coming Sunday.

Oh, and I got him the Micron Moly 10W40. Is there a difference between this stuff and the Moly Bond?
confused.gif

--- Bror Jace

I had to go and look,,the Moly Bond is a straight wt oil available from 10 through 50 wt.

I used the wrong name but did remember you bought the 10/40.

Was just curious how it worked for him

The mornings are crisp here,,time to ride
smile.gif

Bror,
Moly Bond X-200 Universal Engine Oil is a superior quality universal straight grade motor oil that has been specially formulated to meet the year round service requirement of both heavy duty diesel and gasoline engines , especially those low emission and older heavy duty diesel engines running on low-sulfur fuel.

Moly Bond X-200 meets and exceeds the following specifications and manufacturer’s requirements. MIL-2104G, MIL-L-46152E, API Service Classification CF/CF-2/SJ, Mack EO-K, Mack EO-K/2, Caterpillar, Cummins, Cummins NTC 400 and double NTC 400, Cummins L-10 and 14L HST, Navistar, J.I. Case, John Deere, Komatsu, Allison C-4, Detroit Diesel, MAN 270, Daimler Benz Sheet 226.0, 227.0, 228.0, Scania, and Volvo.

Micron Moly® SAE 10W-40 motor oil is a premium quality fuel efficient multi-grade motor oil that is specially formulated to reduce friction wear, increase engine efficiency and extend engine life of gasoline powered engines .

Micron Moly® Oil SAE 10W-40 meets and exceeds the following specifications and manufacturers’ requirements: : MIL-46152E, CID A-A-52039B, API Service Classification SL, Energy Conserving, ILSAC GF-3, Ford M2C153-G, General Motors, ACEA A1-02, A2-96 Issue 2, A3-02, A5-02; Daimler Chrysler 229.1, 229.3, MS9767; JASO JIS K2215

They both are from the same base stocks with the same friction modifiers.

Hope this is not too much tech talk, but this is about the best answer I can give.

david
smile.gif

[ November 26, 2002, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: David ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back