ATLAS Force HP : interesting looking ....

tread design with deep siping . Found these at Consumer Reports . They're ranked , but can't get them w/o joining . Anyone use the FORCE HP or other ATLAS tires ? Can be purchased online at Walmart ( 2 pics below at angle ) or PriorityTire ( pic below ) . They're reasonably priced as well . Last , anyone ever purchase tire(s) at Priority Tire ?

IMG_7645.JPG

IMG_7646.JPG
IMG_7648.JPG

Last edited:
tread design with deep siping . Found these at Consumer Reports . They're ranked , but can't get them w/o joining . Anyone use the FORCE HP or other ATLAS tires ? Can be purchased online at Walmart ( 2 pics below at angle ) or PriorityTire ( pic below ) . They're reasonably priced as well . Last , anyone ever purchase tire(s) at Priority Tire ?

View attachment 87167
View attachment 87168View attachment 87169

Here you go

fiHwykK.png

3AJMx20.png

Unfortunately tread design is only half the story (if that, these days). Tread compound matters at least as much and is what sets apart Michelin, Goodyear and other top brands over lower end brands which probably use cheaper, less cutting-edge compounds to save cost. Compound is where the major advances in the last 5-10 years have been, not so much in tread pattern.

A little history.

My dad owned an ESSO station from 1955-‘79…which changed to EXXON ~’72. Dad owned the station and franchised the products…ESSO/EXXON, ATLAS, UNI-Flo/Super-Flo et.
Dad used to sell Atlas tires, batteries, belts, hoses, antifreeze etc. as part of his contract with Standard Oil, the owner of ESSO.
I worked with Dad full & part time from ‘70-‘79, even though I had another full time job with 3M Co.(21 yrs).
Then Dad finally retired in ‘79.

Now Atlas is owned by SHANDONG LINGLONG.

OMG.
Anyone can design good-looking or "interesting" tires.
The compound is what matters.
And tests of new tires are irrelevant unless you change tires every 5-10k.
What matters is performance after 20k, and FOR SURE that ain't Michelin, Continental, Bridgestone, Pirelli etc.

Aware of compounds . Not everyone drives in winter conditions .
Lol. It is no all about winter conditions. Wet, dry etc. Also, there is a reason why tires differ in price. With time these tires will deteriorate in performance much more than top brands. Again, if you are looking tire that will last longer and you expect performance at 20k on tires, for example, look top brands. Otherwise you might be shopping in couple years, again.

Have been using RT43s' H-rated for many years . They have Silica .
It is more than that. I once got brand new Kumho tires on CPO car. At 12k, 3 of them could not be balanced anymore and when braking in rain, praying worked better than actual brakes.
They had silica too.

^^^Right!
There is so many factors in what goes into making tires perform well. Not only when the tire is new but while they're wearing down as well and how they perform while doing so. I believe in the saying..."better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it".

I never saw a big difference in tires until I bought the cheapest tire I could find from Discount Tire. They call it "Sentury" and I should have known by them not being able to spell. Loud, noisy (even with a very mild pattern) and one wore through the steel belt in a 7 inch strip at 25k miles.

"The longest stopping tire on ice" would be a deal killer for me.
We haven't had snow and ice here for quite a while here in Florida. These are stellar ratings except for winter conditions.

I think I will be scooping these up. The Michelin MXM OEMs cost $250 vs these for $93.

Last edited:
Back