ATF Protectants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Johnny
Smart Blend is a very good product made by Life Automotive out of Tennessee. Kind of hard to find around here. There is a tribologist on here that believes the Smart Blend is a better product than the Lubegard Red.

Any stats to compare the two? I assume these products are not for use in synthetic ATF, like Amsoil, Redline, etc?

Originally Posted By: eagle23
Can you use LG Red with Mobil 1 ATF? I think I may add some to my Ranger A4LD.

Yes, you can.

The current Mobil 1 ATF lists applications for all the highly friction modified automatics (SP II, Toyota T-IV) but the previous one did not.

I used Lubegard Platinum with it to replace Toyota T-IV and the results were perfect.

Originally Posted By: gamefoo21
Who makes the ATP red bottle? I can't find much info on it, except on the bottle it says 'ester based'.

There is a company in Morton Grove, Illinois, called "ATP" that supplies automatic transmission parts, cables, clutch forks, flywheels and ring gears.

They sell an automatic transmission protectant which purports to do much the same thing as Lubegard.

I had a 94 Crown Vic with and trans shudder that would knock your teeth out. I used Smart Blend in that and it was a miracle. I needed to add it about every 10K miles as I suppose the additives that stopped the shudder were depleted. I had to use Lubegard once and it did not work nearly as well in that vehicle. I have used lubegard several times because it is easier to find but in that one application Smart Blend worked better.

I never needed them either in low mileage cars like you have in your signature.

I have had lots of cars over 175K and they all benefitted from some additives here and there.

Originally Posted By: milwaukee
I never needed them either in low mileage cars like you have in your signature.

I have had lots of cars over 175K and they all benefitted from some additives here and there.

I'm talking about vehicals that have 200-300K and more. Never had a need for additives in engine or tranny.

The 5-spd auto in my '06 Sonata shifts smoother after I added a bottle of Lubegard Platinum a few thousand miles ago. Car has 62,000 miles and gets a drain/fill with factory SPIII fluid every 20,000 to 25,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back