ATF: Amsoil Signature vs Toyota WS vs Idemitsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder how the fully synthetic AISIN AFW+ would hold against the rest. It's a WS compatible oil that I have been using on all my Toyota automatics. The specs are more like a Toyota Dexron IV. I have Magnefine inline to all the oil coolers. The color after sixty thousand comes out remarkably good compared to WS fluid from factory during drain and the performance under hot, high load conditions fare better as well.

I’ve got Amsoil SS blue cap and Maxlife in my 15 Tacoma. Shifts great. I generally change at 30K intervals. This interval will be 70K since every time the fluid looks new. I changed to a deeper pan and plan on keep using Amsoil.

Based on my experience I would recommend the Amsoil signature series fuel efficient ATF. The OE tends to run a little thinner on the viscosity. I know people mention to "stick with the OE." Run WS if you're keeping the warranty. Run the SS if you want better protection especially if you're towing.

i wouldn't use the idemitsu. i think it's thinner than WS and it was ok at first but now shifting awful and torque converter shuddering and slipping a bit.

More likely that you flushed out all the friction material. Idemitsu TLS-LV have basically the same viscosity as all other WS fluids I can find.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back