At what point does cold idling outweigh mileage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we've got my girls windstar which has a VCR for the kids entertainment but it's cresting 350k so I thought it may be time to get her something small since she commutes 70 miles a day to work.
I figured I'd relegate the van to my part time hobby of doing mobile oil changes.
I'm counting the days til I can get on my Harley and use it for transportation.
It's got 107hp/115tq and gets 50mpg on the highway.
It's my primary mode of transport in the warmer months.
My girl has a 750 shadow for summer too,so this winter stuff can drift anytime.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Well we've got my girls windstar which has a VCR for the kids entertainment but it's cresting 350k so I thought it may be time to get her something small since she commutes 70 miles a day to work.
I figured I'd relegate the van to my part time hobby of doing mobile oil changes.
I'm counting the days til I can get on my Harley and use it for transportation.
It's got 107hp/115tq and gets 50mpg on the highway.
It's my primary mode of transport in the warmer months.
My girl has a 750 shadow for summer too,so this winter stuff can drift anytime.

A Hog? Colour me jealous!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BertieBlue
Heh, My kids chose my car!

If you really want to be environmental. Don't have any kids. Or have just 1.

I'd like to use E85 or E15 in my older cars to try and be environmental. The same contingent you have issue with want's none of it. They have absolutely no interest in the environment and want to eliminate the EPA.

Bertie, not only are you arrogant but also completely delusional in your view of North America. Also, ask me how I know you've never driven a V8 with cylinder deactivation before... It's not an excuse, its a great solution and even in the massive Chevy Suburban it works flawlessly. I speak from experience.

Anyway have fun in Commieland where they are sooooo far ahead of us in the energy field, haha. I'll bet you have at least three or four girlfriends with a personality like yours.

Last edited:
"Honey, have you seen the keys to the Sherman Tank? I want to get it nice and warm for a week before I head out to the recycling centre down the end of the block, you know how I like to do our bit for the environment! And, yes, I'll make sure to run it on only one of its 450" engines, Diesel isn't cheap!"

Originally Posted By: BertieBlue
"Honey, have you seen the keys to the Sherman Tank? I want to get it nice and warm for a week before I head out to the recycling centre down the end of the block, you know how I like to do our bit for the environment! And, yes, I'll make sure to run it on only one of its 450" engines, Diesel isn't cheap!"

You're still acting like I care about the environmental impact of my vehicle, which in the grand scheme of life equates to almost no impact at all. Heavy trucks, ships, planes, even cows are the real culprit. Not that my region has an air quality issue anyway. This isn't Beijing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back