• 16GB LPDDR4X Memory (Onboard)
  • 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 Solid State Drive
  • AMD Radeon Integrated Graphics
  • Wi-Fi 6802.11ax (2x2) + Bluetooth 5.0
  • Baklit Keyboard
  • Windows 10 Pro
  • Ports:
    • 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2
    • 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C (w/ DisplayPort/Power Delivery)
    • 1x HDMI 2.0b
  • 4-cell 67-WHrs Li-ion Battery
  • Weight: 2.69 lbs
Is this a decent deal at $900?

I'm looking for something relatively small (13"-14" screen) and fast. Just need it to transcode audio files, process video files, and process RAW images. No gaming. I wish RAM was expandable to 32GB, but for that I'd have to spend a lot more money or buy a desktop which I'm not sure I want.

Last edited:

Pew

That's funny, I was looking at that exact same ASUS laptop yesterday. It's not a bad deal as most laptops with the same specs and size are around the same price +-$50 so it ends up being which laptop you think looks the nicest.

Quattro Pete

That's funny, I was looking at that exact same ASUS laptop yesterday. It's not a bad deal as most laptops with the same specs and size are around the same price +-$50 so it ends up being which laptop you think looks the nicest.
Which other ones are you seeing at this price? I saw a Dell one, but it's 15.6" screen - too large.

Sun Micro Center has Lenovo 14" for $199 per another thread
(thank you Rand) on here that was inquiring about laptops.

JRed

Site Donor 2021
I can't see how that would be a bad deal unless the 5700U is both configured for a low TDP AND hamstrung by a poorly optimized thermal management system.

Sun Micro Center has Lenovo 14" for $199 per another thread
(thank you Rand) on here that was inquiring about laptops.
This is likely a ChromeBook that can only run ChromeOS, with everything stored on the cloud, with 4GB ram and little to no local SSD storage. You won't find a real laptop that can run a real OS for $200 these days unless it is an off lease used laptop that's 3-5 years old.

Quattro Pete

This is likely a ChromeBook that can only run ChromeOS, with everything stored on the cloud, with 4GB ram and little to no local SSD storage. You won't find a real laptop that can run a real OS for $200 these days unless it is an off lease used laptop that's 3-5 years old.
It is a real laptop, but the specs are no better than my 9 year old one.

Quattro Pete

Decided to pass on it. I'm going to wait and look for something with upgradeable RAM and possibly dedicated GPU so that it's more future-proof. I hate the process of migrating and setting up a new PC, so I need to get something that will last me a while. I also don't necessarily need a laptop and you can get the same performance for less in a desktop form factor.