Asmoil EAO vs BoschDistancePlus

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh in the small engine form you micked the blue p1 vs yellow as i swore the yellow was thinner.....i was wrong.....so i asked about others//you said you might mick others and post

Originally Posted By: kcfx4
oh in the small engine form you micked the blue p1 vs yellow as i swore the yellow was thinner.....i was wrong.....so i asked about others//you said you might mick others and post

Yea,yea sorry..right and all this info is posted here about these two filters this question comes up allot.

working on that still started digging some filters out today,stay tuned : )

I worry about the air cleaner and its seal before the oil filter. The oil filter isn't a super concern just so the quality of build is good.

Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: kcfx4

Yea,yea sorry..right and all this info is posted here about these two filters this question comes up allot.

working on that still started digging some filters out today,stay tuned : )

DAMAN I always look forward to your posts!!

Quote:
Bosch does not use a full synthetic media or any synthetic media....
Actually Bosch advertises that BDP does use synthetic media. And while they Bosch DP internals look similar to P1, the Bosch Prem. is the P1's clone.

AAPbdpP1004.jpg
AAPbdpP1005.jpg

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Actually Bosch advertises that BDP does use synthetic media. And while they Bosch DP internals look similar to P1, the Bosch Prem. is the P1's clone.

It has synthetic fibers a mix,,we don't see a full synthetic white glass media hence the NO wire backing to support it like the applications i mentioned above.

Full glass wire back media....

this was my AC Delco UPF and FleetGuard StrataPore i examined a wile back

my UPF @ far left..
DSC01478.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture004.jpg

50-2.png

Fleetguard

Picture003.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture007.jpg

And the Bosch DP from r_r testings...

DSC02002.jpg

DP far right looks nothing like above filters

DSC02003.jpg

BDP is not full synthetic mesh backed, so the "like the EaO,RP,FG.UPF,TRD.", being the operative words. Not the, "any snythetic media." But, mostly making the point that the P1 same as the Bosch Prem. or as r_r said, a "PureOne clone", than that the BDP was full synthetic. Yeah, the BDP is more like the P1 than it is the EaO.

Not meaning to imply the BDP was the same as the full synthetic mesh backed filters listed.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: sayjac
BDP is not full synthetic mesh backed, so the "like the EaO,RP,FG.UPF,TRD.", being the operative words. Not the, "any sythetic media." But, mostly making the point that the P1 same as the Bosch Prem. or as r_r said, a "PureOne clone", than that the BDP was full synthetic.

Not meaning to imply the BDP was the same as the full synthetic mesh backed filters listed.
cheers3.gif

Understood yes,,but just trying to clear the waters for others that may be reading.
55.gif

Quote:
The metal support has nothing to do with long drain durability - only with the type of media being used.

Not always. It's also used where bypass differentials are extreme ..like 30+ that the Euro's gravitate too. They're that way whether it's standard cellulose or an advanced micro-glass media.

..and an EaO is a one year filter. Most people really cannot integrate what filtering efficiency means in real terms. Oddly, Fram has it rhetorically right. They rate their filters based on efficiency level/holding capacity. Filters work on a curve. Spending big money for a fine filter and not using it for the duration or near duration of that curve is a waste since you'll have (about, probably) the same efficiency as the cheaper stuff under those conditions. your usage curve may fit too inside the fitler's curve. you'll be changing it prematurely ..and getting nowhere near the fine filtration you paid for and think you're getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back