Ashley Madison hacked data is released online

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://time.com/4002647/ashley-madison-hackers-data-released-impact-team/

The hackers motives are actually very interesting and surprising.

Quote:
The hackers, who call themselves Impact Team, had threatened in July that they would release user data from Ashley Madison and Established Men — a sister site that connects wealthy men to “young, beautiful women” — unless Avid Life Media (ALM), the Toronto-based company that owns both sites, did not take them down immediately. While the hackers’ main objective is to expose the site’s customers for their questionable morals, they also targeted what they say are ALM’s fraudulent business practices.

While they had earlier said that the $19 fee Ashley Madison charges customers to wipe their user data clean does not actually get rid of the information completely, the post announcing Tuesday’s dump contained additional allegations.

“Find someone you know in here? Keep in mind the site is a scam with thousands of fake female profiles,” the post — entitled “Time’s Up!” — reads. “90-95% of the actual users are male. Chances are your man signed up on the world’s biggest affair site, but never had one. He just tried to. If that distinction matters.”

“We have explained the fraud, deceit and stupidity of ALM and their members,” an earlier paragraph of the Impact Team statement says. “Now everyone gets to see their data.”

Regardless of the hackers' motives, ALM clearly got caught with their pants down, as it were. It's no surprise that a dating site has fake female profiles to attract men or that 95% of its members are men. That probably applies to every dating site. They clearly can't safeguard data worth a hoot, and I suspect a lot of current, paying customers are going to vamoose, and a lot of potential customers will be frightened away.

Avid Life Media owns Ashley Madison.

Knowing the percentages of men vs. women makes sense of an otherwise senseless moral meltdown. Good to know. Nothing more than a glorified Craigslist.

I wonder if Adult Friend Finder will be next since it dwarfs Ashley Madison altho is not niche orientated towards married persons.

I cannot believe that somebody stole my identity and CC# just to set up an Ashley Madison account.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Originally Posted By: 2civics
Avid Life Media owns Ashley Madison.

Knowing the percentages of men vs. women makes sense of an otherwise senseless moral meltdown. Good to know. Nothing more than a glorified Craigslist.

No wonder why I never get replies on Craigslist. (joking..i get replies)

Really joking.. I've never been on Craigslist.

For such a liberal forum I'm a little surprised. Just me, but who really cares? Why do we as a society have such an interest in the demise of a marriage? The freaky nature of some dude or gals sexuality? The who is who on a cheater meet n greet site.

Same question for the road side accident that person insists on stopping hundreds of others from passing by so they can indulge their narcissistic desire to see another suffer and relish in the damage done. I recently saw a 2 year old dead, roadside at an accident so I'm probably a little sensitive. But generally speaking, the most "moral" of us all tend to really dig into these types of matters....15 years as a cop I've always found it kinda weird how we (societal speaking) have such a deep interest.

so, they released the information on 31,999,994 male users and 6 female users of whom 4 were male pretending to be female?

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Quote:
For such a liberal forum
What? How did you get that feeling??

The perspective depends on how un-liberal you are.

Depends on how you define liberal. I'd be called a Classical Liberal 100 years ago.

Today, it's called Libertarian.

Today's liberal really isn't as they are just as much about limiting the freedom of people as they claim conservatives are.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
The low life knuckle draggers that go to such sites deserve everything they get from the fallout.

Looks like a lot of them work for the US government and the US military...

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
If you loved your wife.... No need to troll for a one night stand with dirtbag woman.

What if you don't love your wife?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back