As promised...vintage FRAM PH8 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
grin.gif
... http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3377010/Re:_NOS_Fram_PH8_filter_from_1#Post3377010

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3377010/Re:_NOS_Fram_PH8_filter_from_1#Post3377010

Those end caps look to be more ridged than the ones used in Frams today. Interesting base gasket and ADBV design.

Huh.. they were already using fiber endcaps in the 60's...
(newest Model Year mentioned on the box being a '62, so fair guess that that's when it was made)
but over all looks well built.

Look at all that media. If current extra guards had that much media, I'd probably use them. I quit using them when I realized that had much less media than ... pretty much every other filter. I don't buy the claims of their media being so great they don't need to use much.

Looks very good. Thanks for sharing.

Why so much hate on the old vs new materials? Anyone ever consider the current materials being better than what was used 50 years ago? I wonder what the efficiency was?

very cool! thank you for sacrificing the antique - and sharing! and apparently fiber end caps were always in the mix and were not a result of later "cheapening" of the filter

Same exact filter I saw in my grandfather in laws garage. I opened the box to inspect it and it had no rust or anything on the baseplate. One of the cardboard flaps fell off the box though.

You can tell can filters were still the new thing with "EZ change" and "use no tools" printed.

Wow, how you brought yourself to cut that open is beyond me.

Even if it is a FRAM, that old filter belongs in the back of the bar or something.

Nicely built back then.

Originally Posted By: yvon_la
nope !this isn't an old filter,there was no anti-return oil thingy back then!it was born way later in the 90s if I recall

That old Fram does have an ADBV. Is that what you mean by "anti-return oil thingy"?

Originally Posted By: yvon_la
nope !this isn't an old filter,there was no anti-return oil thingy back then!it was born way later in the 90s if I recall

Well, the latest reference on the box was 1962 and there is no zip code printed for the address of the company.
So you are saying the filter was built in the 90s? Dream on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back