ARX plus my Bypass Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished the was cycle on my 95 Nissan Altima with Gulf Coast Bypass filter.. 165000 miles on car ..the last 80000 has been with synthetic oil ( most of the time Mobile 1) Bypass filter has been on the car for 78,000 of the miles.
I never really felt that the engine was very "dirty" as my UAO tend to be some of the best you will see on this board ( I can only think of 2 that have been better then my 30000 UAO), but I decided to give the ARX at try ( bought 3 bottles)
I just drained the oil ...and boy did it feel like I was throwing out good oil! With my bypass, a 1000 miles is childes play, the oil waas still very clean, no debrise in the TP filter,and am now rinseing with Pennzoil Long Life Hopefully the rinse cycle will pull up some stuff...then agaimn, if it were alread very clean , then nothing is going to show up.

As a side note, Just got my 88 Honda Accord back from a mechanic ( replaced 2 axels/cv assemblies, water pump,all drive belts, timing belt, fuel injectors rebuilt,and rear brake job...all for $235.00 labor charge!) My neighbour is a Honda parts manager , so he got me the parts at cost, and the mechanic was one of the guys that work at the service department, he did it out of his garage..part cost 300.00 ....killer deal!) anyway this car has 174,000 on it so I will treat it also ..probably has some dirt in the eingine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back