ARX made my lifters noisy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read a bit more, you will find that RVS is also cleaning the metal.
It will remove deposits on the metal, within 400km(248 miles).
That is also why you have the 2-stage application process.

You all know that ARX is working better with high temperatures.
This goes for RVS, too.

RVS cleans the metal just like arx, and it removes all deposits within 248 miles.

I think arx takes more miles to clean, many many more miles and miles.

If you really like it to take so long before it does anything, then you should develop a product that need 200000 miles to do the cleaning.
Just get some help from Frank.

What is the year, make, engine and mileage on this vehicle?

Just because the filter doesn't look like it is caked with mud doesn't mean the product didn't liquify some deposits and them deposit them deep into the filter media and start plugging it up.

It might be the pic but it looks to me like the sides of the filter can have gritty deposits on it.

Last edited:
Yes, so am I.

That's another product, that I unfortunately didn't know about, until after I had put RVS in my own engines.

I haven't forgot about it, it's just an incredible laid back friend of mine, that owns the test car.

He doesn't see the importance of making things happen.

It is funny... auto-rx is a "slow gentle cleaner."

Yet "It may be possible that there was a fair amount of [censored] in the oil pan that got loosened up and semi blinded the pick up screen."

That would be some serious chunks to blind the oil pick up screen, yet no evidence in the filter.

Remember the auto-rx claim repeatedly posted by its inventor, along the lines that it will "slowly liquify sludge driving it to the filter."

And you should see some of the filters that I've removed and cut open, not a pretty sight. I'll have filters from BMW, Mazda, and Outback engines to cut open soon, pictures will follow of course.

Originally Posted By: BearZDefect
It is funny... auto-rx is a "slow gentle cleaner."

Yet "It may be possible that there was a fair amount of [censored] in the oil pan that got loosened up and semi blinded the pick up screen."

That would be some serious chunks to blind the oil pick up screen, yet no evidence in the filter.

Remember the auto-rx claim repeatedly posted by its inventor, along the lines that it will "slowly liquify sludge driving it to the filter."

A product that can Liquify sludge is good, a product making chunks is not so good.

The result of many years of relentless testing, Auto-Rx's® breakthrough formulation can start saving you time, money, and stress the second you begin using it in your car! Auto-Rx®is a specially formulated, all-natural metal cleaner designed to thoroughly clean the internals of your engine (US Patent #6,544,349).
Did you know that 95% of vehicle problems are caused by the build-up of such contaminants as carbon, sludge, dirt, and third-party abrasives in your engine? These contaminants, combined with engine oil and heat from your engine, create uneven hot spots and extremely harmful by-products. The contamination process has already begun within the first 25,000 miles of your engine's life. Here's how engine damage progresses in your vehicle:
As your engine runs, it generates extreme heat. These high temperatures actually change the components of your engine oil, breaking it down into a residue that remains on every part of your engine, including non-metal parts such as seals. But residue isn't the only thing that heat and oil can create; harmful by-products such as sludge, varnish, and sulphur also come into play, and as soon as they combine with condensation and airborne pollutants (dirt, soot, industrial ash, etc.), contamination build-up is created.
Auto-Rx®acts slowly and safely to dissolve these contaminants while maintaining the host oil chemistry. Auto-Rx® liquefies the sludge, carbon, and other debris in your engine while you drive and prevents clogs in the flow of the oil. Auto-Rx® uses your oil to get into every nook and cranny of your engine. Just pour Auto-Rx® into the crankcase and drive your vehicle as normal! Auto-Rx® works as you drive.
Before purchase, please refer to the detailed instructions on using Auto-Rx® available here. And for even more ways this amazing product works, please visit the transmission and the motorcycle sections of our website here, as well as the section on correcting seal leaks.
Auto-Rx® cleans engine internals, transmissions, power steering, and differentials, stops seal leaks, and takes care of heavy oil burning. If your engine or transmission needs internal cleaning or you need to stop a leak, you have come to the right place. WE ARE THE EXPERTS!
Auto-Rx® is a clean-as-you-drive product. Auto-Rx® is added to the host motor oil and slowly dissolves contaminants from ring packs, cam lobes, and other high-friction areas.
Slow methodical cleaning is the desired cleaning mode, unlike old solvent technology that can chunk off contamination deposits (dangerous), and severely impact polymer seal materials. Auto-Rx® is compatible with all lubricating oils, "dino" (conventional), Group III, semi-synthetic, and full synthetics and does not alter your host oil in any way. We urge customers to use conventional or Group III oil for best results during rinse mode.
Auto-Rx® is made up of three ester groups. The lanolin ester is the main cleaning agent. Its function is to impregnate the surface of varnish and cooked up deposits. The second is an aliphatic ester. Its function is to provide for better film forming of the host oil, eliminating the potential of dry spots in the oiling system, during the cleaning process. This component is also very resistant to oxidation and is a supplement to the host oil while the contamination is being removed and deposited to the filtration media. The last ester is a biodegradable, polyol ester, which provides extra, extreme pressure capability to the host oil. Utilizing heat, pressure, and flow generated within the oiling system, Auto-Rx® safely and effectively dissolves deposits. Deposits form slowly over time; they should be cleaned slowly and methodically, as well.
The ester combination provides polarity to the host oil, giving the lubricant an attraction to metal surfaces, reclaiming these surfaces from the contamination. Lubricating oils perform well in clean working conditions. Lubricating oils can either lubricate or clean. They cannot do both well. Detergents in motor oils are added to try and maintain a clean system. They do little to nothing on deposits that have already formed.
Auto-Rx® also cleans deposits from beneath rotational seals, causing no swelling or degradation to the polymer seal material. Auto-Rx® can effectively slow or stop rotational seal leaks in many cases.
Auto-Rx® is designed to safely turn back the clock on lubrication system contamination. Periodic use of Auto-Rx® will reduce wear and maintain peak performance by keeping a clean oiling system.

I wanted to point this out, and this may help some people out. I had some noises during the Clean Phase when it was cold out as well as a few noises during the Rinse Phase when it was cold.

My take on this is that it does not matter becuase my car is still running fine, the noises did go away. I only have guesses about these noises, but I will say that since I have not had any engine problems, this noise thing is just a noise thing and nothing else.

Last edited:
c3po,

Perhaps this will answer questions in regards o ARX and engine noise.

When proper lubrication fails to occur, uneven hot spots are created underneath contamination deposits. The result? A dramatic decrease in your engine's performance.
It's inevitable: engine sludge and contamination build-up are working together this very second with the sole objective of killing your engine.
As you start to get oil on metal that has been starved for lubrication there will be noises. By the Rinse Mode they are gone and won’t come back.

Originally Posted By: dbdeland
c3po,

As you start to get oil on metal that has been starved for lubrication there will be noises. By the Rinse Mode they are gone and won’t come back.

Wouldn't metal that was starved for lubrication make noise, because it is starved? Once the lubrication reaches that starved metal the noise would stop. Sounds like you might have it backwards, or I should have slept a little later this morning.

Originally Posted By: ADFD1
c3po,

Wouldn't metal that was starved for lubrication make noise, because it is starved? Once the lubrication reaches that starved metal the noise would stop. Sounds like you might have it backwards, or I should have slept a little later this morning.

AD, you are correct, I could never figure out why my engine made noises with arx when it was cold out, if metal was starved from lubrication it would be making noise all of the time, many people have said they never had this noise before using arx, it only came on when they put it in there engines.

I wish I had a concrete answer to this question of why people are hearing noises after putting in arx.

I had them and it was simple to reason. You have a supply and outlets. You can surely reason that they may not be in the same state of restriction/fouling.

This is not an atypical occurrence. It can be unsettling to the uninitiated. It appears to be so even if you tell someone it might be a side effect.

The noise you here is similer to a heart murmer!!! When my docter checked my cholesterol leval's he said he could practically here the blood make a russling noise in the blockages!!

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I had them and it was simple to reason. You have a supply and outlets. You can surely reason that they may not be in the same state of restriction/fouling.

This is not an atypical occurrence. It can be unsettling to the uninitiated. It appears to be so even if you tell someone it might be a side effect.

The result of many years of relentless testing, Auto-Rx's® breakthrough formulation can start saving you time, money, and stress the second you begin using it in your car!

40.gif
40.gif
40.gif

Originally Posted By: c3po

AD, you are correct, I could never figure out why my engine made noises with arx when it was cold out, if metal was starved from lubrication it would be making noise all of the time, many people have said they never had this noise before using arx, it only came on when they put it in there engines.

I wish I had a concrete answer to this question of why people are hearing noises after putting in arx.

Easy, ARX is causing dry starts. Probably, because ARX is interfering with the residual oil film and/or cold cranking abilities of the oil.

Is this a good thing to be doing? Probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back