ARX in rear diff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 95 Camaro Z28 with what I understand to be a pinion seal leak. Does anyone think Auto-RX could help out this seal? Can Frank or anybody recommend a treatment schedule/amount for this application?

BTW, I'm using ARX in the engines of both of my vehicles: a 93 Caprice 9C1 (204k) and this Camaro (147k). Both cars are on their first rinse phase with Castrol GTX.

As Frank said, as long as it not torn or ripped, it should work. However, I just had the rear pinion seal replaced on my 89 Caprice 9C1 and the yoke had a groove worn into it. Fortunately, the shop was able to clean it up and there are no leaks now. I might try Auto-RX myself in the rear axle as it has dino gear oil and may try some synthetic gear oil.

The way I figure it, if oil is leaking past the seal, then ARX will leak past the seal and condition it. If the leak stops and no more ARX is flowing past the seal, I don't care, because the leak stopped!

I just checked the auto-rx site and there actually is a recommendation for the differential. Go figure. I guess I'll add some when I get around to changing the fluid. As usual, there is no harm in leaving ARX in the diff longer than XXXX miles, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back