Armstrong tires : Interesting ...

Originally Posted by DriveHard
Originally Posted by skyactiv
If you want to get stuck in 1" of snow, this tire is for you! https://armstrongtire.com/passenger/tires/hp/

no offense, but any ultra high performance tire will leave you stuck in 1" of snow...

They are labeling it as an all-season tire. looks like an excellent choice for a quiet tire and I might consider it if I lived out of the snow belt

A revival from the dead, I recall seeing an Armstrong tire sign as a kid. Pirelli bought them out just to get some US manufacturing, the US arm was known as Pirelli-Armstrong.

It seems like Thailand is where mid-3rd tier tires are being made now. Lots of bicycle tires are made there - Vee Rubber being the most well-known and I think Bridgestone and Michelin are making tires there for cars and trucks.

The Armstong Tru-Trac was one of the innovators in the off road tire business. I ran them on everything. Bias Ply, Nylon thump thump in the cold, but boy did they work in mud, snow, even had decent flotation in the sand. I'd buy that tire again in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by c502cid
The Armstong Tru-Trac was one of the innovators in the off road tire business. I ran them on everything. Bias Ply, Nylon thump thump in the cold, but boy did they work in mud, snow, even had decent flotation in the sand. I'd buy that tire again in a heartbeat.

Agreed with everything you said. They would sing like banshees at highway speed!

Originally Posted by nthach
A revival from the dead, I recall seeing an Armstrong tire sign as a kid. Pirelli bought them out just to get some US manufacturing, the US arm was known as Pirelli-Armstrong.

It seems like Thailand is where mid-3rd tier tires are being made now. Lots of bicycle tires are made there - Vee Rubber being the most well-known and I think Bridgestone and Michelin are making tires there for cars and trucks.

Bridgestone and Michelin make class 7/8 tires in Thailand.

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Originally Posted by nthach

Bridgestone and Michelin make class 7/8 tires in Thailand.

Michelin also makes tires in China-sends them all over Europe.

Back