Are we back to "summer" gas blends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last 3 tanks I have avg'd about 33mpg. Just about every fill before that it has been a struggle reach 30mpg.

Weather around here has been a bit warmer but still chilly in the morning..in fact if anything I have been driving a bit quicker....the other night I needed to get to Logan from Manchester Airport and I did about 90 the whole way down 93...lucky for me I had a rabbit out front paving the way
smile.gif
Still avg'd 32.5 mpg on that tank....not even a few weeks ago I had back to back avg's of about 28 mpg. And that was driving normal to boot....

So could it be that the winter blend gas has made an exit?
dunno.gif
fwiw I filled up at the same Mobil station on 87 the last 3 tanks. I haven't been adding any additives such as Lucas UCL or FP 60 either...

Goose
patriot.gif

quote:

I haven't been adding any additives such as Lucas UCL or FP 60 either...

Does FP60 help gas mileage in any way?
dunno.gif

I heard this stuff is better than Chevron Techron at keeping things clean. Is that true?

You bet. I've only been going to the stations with the newer gas. I saw the change for the first time on March 21st. Keep detailed mileage records, and stick to the high volume gas stations during the transition periods.

Since there is no way to start a new thread unless you are a moderator I am posting here. I have not posted in these forums for a while because of so many BULL ****TERS here! They know who they are but innocent people come here for information and are blatantly LIED to. I have been still coming to these forums with the possibility to learn some thing new other than LIES! These forums consists of 80% BULL ****TERS that are trying to sell their product. 15% of the people that do not belong to these companies that are trying to sell there products and have some or great honest knowledge on vehicles. 5% are the poor soles that are left victim to ALL THE BULL ****TERS! Some people may wounder who I am referring to. I will give you a sample of what I mean. Any one who claims that it is OK to change your oil every 7,500 miles or greater intervals is a BULL ****TER. Regardless which oil the claim to use. Any of these BULL ****TERS who claim they have done 7,500 miles or greater oil change intervals regardless which oil they use synthetic or what ever and has done this for 40,000 miles or more and claims they have no sludge in the engine with out and engine flush is FULL OF ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any one who claims any different is a LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is advise to all you folks who come here to learn something or have questions. Most of these people on this board could care less about your vehicle. All they care about is the money they can sucker you in to giving them. Please for your own good question any thing that seems to be good here!

quote:

Originally posted by Johnson994:
Since there is no way to start a new thread unless you are a moderator I am posting here. I have not posted in these forums for a while because of so many BULL ****TERS here! They know who they are but innocent people come here for information and are blatantly LIED to. I have been still coming to these forums with the possibility to learn some thing new other than LIES! These forums consists of 80% BULL ****TERS that are trying to sell their product. 15% of the people that do not belong to these companies that are trying to sell there products and have some or great honest knowledge on vehicles. 5% are the poor soles that are left victim to ALL THE BULL ****TERS! Some people may wounder who I am referring to. I will give you a sample of what I mean. Any one who claims that it is OK to change your oil every 7,500 miles or greater intervals is a BULL ****TER. Regardless which oil the claim to use. Any of these BULL ****TERS who claim they have done 7,500 miles or greater oil change intervals regardless which oil they use synthetic or what ever and has done this for 40,000 miles or more and claims they have no sludge in the engine with out and engine flush is FULL OF ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any one who claims any different is a LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is advise to all you folks who come here to learn something or have questions. Most of these people on this board could care less about your vehicle. All they care about is the money they can sucker you in to giving them. Please for your own good question any thing that seems to be good here!

AHAHAHAHAHA, My laughter can't be contained... What does this even have to do with winter gas? LOL

I'm sorry about being off topic, I really am... but wow, how can somebody ignore UOA data THAT much to make that post. Must still be in the 3/3000 club.

So, Johnson994, quit holding back and tell us how you really feel... (By the way, what's with the "****"s? Can't you afford a pocket dictionary from Dollar Tree Stores?)

Does anyone remember that AFLAC commerical ..the one with Yogi Berra and he says something like "money it is good as cash" and the duck just makes a noise like "waaaahhhhh?????"

That is the noise I am thinking of right now in regards to Johnson's post

Thanks Johnson but would you mind telling me if you are getting better mpg?
grin.gif

Goose
patriot.gif

I would have to say yes. I went down to Jacksonville, NC. to see some friends earlier in the week and averaged just over 30 mpg (3 tanks)in my 87 brick. There is no way I could have gotten over 30 with winter gas. Usually it is more like 28.5 mpg with the winter stuff.

Here's the Magellan pipeline Reid Vapor Pressure Requirements .

Note that the lower RVP's for the summer gas blends were required as of March 1st.

Since it typically takes 10 days to 2 weeks for a shipment to make it's way thru the pipeline to the bulk terminal, the lower RVP gasoline was blending with the existing fuel in the bulk tanks on or about March 15th.

Note: The Magellan pipeline system originates near Houston and primarily serves Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Iowa, N & S Dakota, Illinois, Wisconsin & Minnesota.

How does anybody on this board make any money by having you extend your OCI?
confused.gif
If anything you'd end up spending less on oil, either from the sponsors or from whoever.

offtopic.gif

quote:

Since there is no way to start a new thread unless you are a moderator I am posting here.

Wow, I never would have guessed that with the amount of new threads we see every day. I've even started threads myself....I must be a moderator. I didn't even know it!
pat.gif

quote:

That's quite the fetish with bull manure you have there. Are you sure you're not a closet bull****ter?

I think it's time to have your medication adjusted again...

Everybody:

Johnson994 is on to us. He's figured us out. Quick! Somebody delete him before word gets out. He's too smart for us!

Drats! Foiled againe!

I don't track mileage, but the last tank did feel a little peppier for some reason. I run super, and it may have just been the nice weather making me feel good.

I think you'll notice the change sooner if running regular, which moves much faster at most stations.

I'm trying to find some "reason" to Johnson's beliefs -- his outburst here.
dunno.gif

This is the best I could surmise!
offtopic.gif

Johnson may be a cab "auto tech" in New York City that sees sludge in short miles of congestion.... either that or the newest national story coming out of Associated Press/Reuters News that a coyote seen roaming Central Park many times -- that's now deceased, may of been Mr. Johnson's personal pet.
twak.gif

Well that's my own "pet-peeve".... pun intended!
pat.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back