Are we back to "summer" gas blends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, Johnson had his 15 minutes of fame, it's over. He sounds like the type that if you pay any attention to him, even negative, he will never go away.... http://www.earthstation1.com/MovieWavFiles/artist.wav
Back to topic...
I haven't noticed any mileage increases, but that could be because all the gas around here is ethanol spiked by law. The primary difference as I understand is that winter blends have a higher percentage of light ends (more volatile) for easier starts in cold temps. This would displace some of the heavier ends that give the power for mileage. But with 10% of the total replaced with something that will never give better mileage, we are fighting a losing battle here around St. Louis.

[ April 01, 2006, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: beanoil ]

johnson, no matter what people say here one still has to do his homework..i change my oils 1500-2000 miles and i use redline...i don't listen to the people that say change it >3000 miles...i know that additives start to wear out at 1500 miles (dino)no matter what brand..i just don't like dirty oils in my cars.....as far as additives people sell here i listen to the few expersts we have on here...this site is a great service to all of us who care about our vehicles..

quote:

Originally posted by boxcartommie22:
johnson was just stating his opinion and he doesn't deserve to be bad mouthed...lets move on

He called me a BULL******. But I won't say anything bad about him. He can just roll in it like a dung beetle.

My bike seems to wheelie easier now with no changes, it must be the fuel is getting better.

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/regs/fuels/420b05012.pdf has some info.

I think the winter gas people complain about is more related to oxygenates than any vapor pressure issues... at least with fresh gas and fuel injected engines. I sometimes get my best mileage in the spring with "vaporous" fuel, 50 degree days, windows up, and a lengthy road trip.

I'm entertained by how the OP said he didn't use any BITOG-related additives and what a random turn this thread took.
smile.gif

I found this cool map of RVPs, presumably during the summer, but not defining summer per se.

quote:

Originally posted by Ray H:
So, Johnson994, quit holding back and tell us how you really feel... (By the way, what's with the "****"s? Can't you afford a pocket dictionary from Dollar Tree Stores?)

I spelled it out but the cheap software on this site does not post everything as written!

quote:

Originally posted by Palut:
offtopic.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Johnson994:
Since there is no way to start a new thread unless you are a moderator I am posting here.

Wow, I never would have guessed that with the amount of new threads we see every day. I've even started threads myself....I must be a moderator. I didn't even know it!
pat.gif

Yes you must be a moderator or a salseman. These boards are bias.

quote:

Originally posted by michaelc80:

quote:

Originally posted by Johnson994:
Since there is no way to start a new thread unless you are a moderator I am posting here. I have not posted in these forums for a while because of so many BULL ****TERS here! They know who they are but innocent people come here for information and are blatantly LIED to. I have been still coming to these forums with the possibility to learn some thing new other than LIES! These forums consists of 80% BULL ****TERS that are trying to sell their product. 15% of the people that do not belong to these companies that are trying to sell there products and have some or great honest knowledge on vehicles. 5% are the poor soles that are left victim to ALL THE BULL ****TERS! Some people may wounder who I am referring to. I will give you a sample of what I mean. Any one who claims that it is OK to change your oil every 7,500 miles or greater intervals is a BULL ****TER. Regardless which oil the claim to use. Any of these BULL ****TERS who claim they have done 7,500 miles or greater oil change intervals regardless which oil they use synthetic or what ever and has done this for 40,000 miles or more and claims they have no sludge in the engine with out and engine flush is FULL OF ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any one who claims any different is a LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is advise to all you folks who come here to learn something or have questions. Most of these people on this board could care less about your vehicle. All they care about is the money they can sucker you in to giving them. Please for your own good question any thing that seems to be good here!

That's quite the fetish with bull manure you have there. Are you sure you're not a closet bull****ter?

I think it's time to have your medication adjusted again...

No but you sound like one of the Bull ****ters here!

Johnson, I reviewed your post history and you were ranting & raving way back during the 1st week of October 2005, when you quit posting til til the present day.

Obviously your shorts are too tight & you need to go back on your meds.

Most of the readers on this forum are sophisticated enough to see through your false accusations!
cool.gif

I think we're getting Summer gasoline here. I filled up with Shell due to the particular station not raising their prices yet. I haven't had much luck with SHell, but this tank is running awesome and I'm getting great mileage also.

Hey guys, I heard about a new oil today. It's called BullSnorters & it's supposed to be guaranteed for 7500 mile sludge-free OCI's. Anybody know where I can buy it?

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:
Hey guys, I heard about a new oil today. It's called BullSnorters & it's supposed to be guaranteed for 7500 mile sludge-free OCI's. Anybody know where I can buy it?

Got me a load of it right here folks, step right up!
 -

I wonder if he has been debating in a certain motorcycle site lately, he sure sounds familiar!!

But on topic, how do you know if or when the formulations are changed? Other than maybe hearing about it on the news or such?

So, I go to the gas station yesterday, and the pump says, "contains 10% ethanol". This is in the DFW area. Are we being forced to use this now? I thought there was no more oxygenated fuel mandate any longer.

The federal regulatory lid does not officially come off ethanol until May 6, 2006.

However, this issue is a real can of worms & look for the continued blending of 10% Ethanol in gasoline, in many areas, even though the EPA oxygenate reqiuirement has been lifted.

Ethanol is a convenient additive for the gasoline companies to use to stretch petroleum stocks, per the recent administration directives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back