Are these Duralast coils any good?

Found them in the Mercedes S550 and they are new so no need to replace, but wondering why they used a chain store brand. I see they cost $68 each when Denso would have been half that. On the other hand, they splurged on NGK Rhutenium plugs.

IMG_8385.JPG

IMG_8394.JPG

A small note on my COP experience over 20 years of Volvo "white engine" (5 cylinder) ownership.

Before my first sparky-poo change I feared brittle wires on the coils.
I called an online Volvo parts dealer in Texas and the fellow said, "We stock 'em and I've never sold one".

In a related vein, posters on Volvo boards claimed the coils went out, "all the time".
I've never needed one. (of course, now they'll break)

As far as those boots go, sometimes they're featured as sale items; another example of something I'd insist be OEM.
Uro spark coil boots? No thank you.

Not something I would want on my engine, going down the el cheapo parts rabbit hole is one of the reasons for German/Euro cars getting a bad rep. Bosch or OE, OE from ECS are about $60.

Not something I would want on my engine, going down the el cheapo parts rabbit hole is one of the reasons for German/Euro cars getting a bad rep. Bosch or OE, OE from ECS are about $60.
FCP Euro!

Wait - you bought the car because it has 22” wheels, and you want to “fix” it with non OEM drilled rear rotors and big box store transmission fluid that does not meet spec…

But you are wondering why somebody used chain store parts on the engine???

Dealer only for plugs. Not even Bosch aftermarket for euro.
Interesting. I just tuned up a 2014 BMW M6 at 56k miles while it was here for CIC unit repairs (BMW lists 60k mile plug replacement). I used the same Bosch number as what came out of the car - Autozone stocked them and they appeared to be the exact plug by visual check except it didn't have the M logo - but same everything else even the engraved part numbers were identical. Car runs great -are you saying these plugs were not acceptable to use because I've used them in the last 10-15 BMW's I have serviced so I don't want a bunch of comebacks.

Back