Are there any oils similar to M1 5w30 ESP Formula?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you looked at FUCHS GT1 PRO FLEX 5W30?

I see it has these APPROVALS:

- BMW LONGLIFE-04
- dexos2TM (GB2C0209075)
- MB-APPROVAL 229.51
- MB-APPROVAL 229.52
- VW 502 00/505 00/505 01

(It is can be sourced in Ontario without too much trouble)
(I used it from July to November in 2018)

I am running the old Mobil 1 5-30 ESP too, but my 2018 Hyundai Kona AWD 1.6T 5,000 miles on it, it has a bad fuel dilution problem over 5% in 1,000 miles = down from 12.1 to 8.2 @100C and I am looking for a 5w-40 with low (1,000 ppm) low calcium and low sodium for it's LSPI proprieties which the new and old ESP has and almost all the Mobil oils have with the exception of their racing oils. The plan is to run the 4L for 1,000 then drain 1Qt and add the 5w-50. And no, not Mobil 1 Euro 0w-40 FS that I would kill viscosity in 400 miles. I talked to a Mobil oil engineer and we worked out me dumping 1 Qt. and adding Mobil 1 5w-50 to bump it the viscosity up a bit to see if I can make it to 2,000 miles before dumping the oil. So if you find a 5w-40, 14.X @100C let me know, I have yet to find one.

Last edited:
Golden Horse SAE 5W30 MC3 Full Synthetic
https://www.goldenhorseautolubes.com/index.php/product/golden-horse-sae-5w30-mc3-full-synthetic/

International Specifications:
ACEA C3 | API SN/CF

Manufacturer Performance Levels:
MERCEDES-BENZ: MB-Approval 229.51 (backward compatible 229.31)
BMW LL-04
VOLKSWAGEN: 502.00 / 505.01
PORSCHE: A40
Meets the latest technical requirements of GM engines
FORD: Satisfies requirements for FORD WSS-M2C 917-A
FIAT: Satisfies latest requirements for FIAT 9.55535-S2

Amazon.ca says free delivery CDN$39.99 and their website says free delivery in GTA but you can pick it up in Brampton $40.
Made in UAE. Formulated in the USA. Doesn't give the low saps specs.

If you want the low/medium sulfated ash you need the VW 504/507 specification. Both Red Line and Ravenol sell a euro 5W30 that has outstanding specifications. The Red Line is a tad cheaper unless you get the Ravenol on sale. The Ravenol also has manufacturers approvals as where the Red Line only says it meets or exceeds the manufacturers specification's without the actual approvals.

Canadian Tire is having a hard time getting rid of this oil, as I mentioned in my first post it's on clearance in all of their stores, but it's still overpriced compared to Pennzoil Euro L 5w30. Even on clearance, this oil is $11.93 per L, compared to Pennzoil Euro L on sale which ends up being $32 for 5L (and it goes on sale every month) The odd thing is, the clearance price is listed on CT's website, but so far every store I have visited still lists it's price at $17.29 per L. I guess that's good for me though, as I plan on visiting a few different stores over the next little while and stocking up. I'm hoping they lower the clearance price even more, to around $5 per L, then I'll really go crazy and start driving to stores a bit further away that I know have a large stock of it still. I now have 18L, so it's enough for 3 more oil changes, but I'd love to grab at least another 18L or more. This weekend worked out well for me as it was 50x Canadian Tire money on synthetic oil, so I instantly got $20 towards my next purchase there just from buying 6L of this oil.

So for now I have not really decided what oil to use next, I really like the specs on this oil a lot and want to find something very close to it. So if I stock up and am able to use this oil for a few more years, perhaps there will be a lot more dexos2 5w30s available then.

How about this one:

https://www.ravenol.de/en/products/usage/d/Product/show/p/ravenol-vmo-sae-5w-40.html

I'm pretty content with the M1 0W-40 that came factory-fill in mine, but always interested in studying what is available and possibly finding something that may be a little "better". I like the higher HTHS on this one . . . . Interested to hear thoughts from those of you on here with more knowledge of these things than I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back