Are the new Cherokees any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How capable is the middle of the pack trim level, Latitude, with the 4 cylinder and standard AWD system (not the off-road locking version of the Trailhawk)? As compared to the AWD versions of the class, RAV4, Forester, Rogue, Equinox, etc. Chrysler seems to be putting a lot of incentives on them this season.

I hope they're offering a lot of incentives. The Trailhawk I looked at was almost $45,000.

Watch this video first!
Fast forward to about 16:40(16min/40sec) in the video for the Cherokee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHxQfYA9aBo

You and others may want to watch the whole video just for the information. Some info is shocking as to the brand/models that are mentioned. Many of the vehicles(Lexus/Acura) I have driven at length, and agree wholeheartedly!

Last edited:
Likely a bit more capable off-road than any of those other wagons on stilts.

$2000 of incentives in my area. $24k before TTL isn't bad for a FWD version that can tow 4500 lbs.

They use a ton of gas.
I didnt get one, they are nice looking with little space for any of my needs.

Out of that list, even tho I like Chevy and Nissan.. I would pick RAV4 or Forester, I would also throw the CRV in there as well.

I drove them all and for me Mazda CX-5 was #1 Nissan Rogue #2 Mitsu Outlander #3.
Warranty and Financing was mile better for Mitsu Outlander.
If you can get the unlimited warranty at Mazda and a good rate with financing I would CX-5 in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
They look horrible.

From certain angles they look....meh
21.gif

Other angles they look like a Hyundai Santa Fe.....a 14 year old Santa Fe but I see a lot of the Hyundai in the body lines
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Koz1
I drove them all and for me Mazda CX-5 was #1 Nissan Rogue #2 Mitsu Outlander #3.
If you can get the unlimited warranty at Mazda and a good rate with financing I would CX-5 in a heartbeat.

Did you watch the video?

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Originally Posted By: Koz1

Did you watch the video?

I watched the video. There's some good tidbits of information there like any other professional or owner review, but I don't place too much credibility in these guys opinions. They have very different values than I do and their reviews seldom measure up to my needs and wants.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
That they put the Cherokee name on that monstrosity irks me to no end.

I've never understood the angst people feel over names. The GTO from a few years ago got people wound up too. It's just a name.

My wife drives a 2014 Cherokee Latitude 4x4 V6 and we love it. Averages around 22mpg around town with plenty of power. We test drove a Latitude 4x4 I4 an it was gutless.

Look up tranny problems with the nine speed. Failures and clunky dog clutches if you get a bad one.
Some complaints about moisture behind the lenses. Lack of interior space for hauling stuff.

Also itza heavy vehicle so the V-6 is the wiser choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back