Are Havoline & Chevron basically the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtd

Are these two oils basically the same? Walmarts around here don't sell Chevron Supreme but do sell the Havoline.

I was thinking about trying out the Chevron, but if the Havoline is pretty much the same, I would try that.

Wayne

Nope, they have different detergent packages. Chevron uses the better package. Every Walmart here in Michigan has Chevron Supreme, so they obviously have access to it. Personally, I would go to the Tire and Lube Manager, and ask them to get some. They should be able to.

If you look in the oil analysis sections, you'll see that Chevron and Havoline oils are essentially identical as far as additive chemistry.

quote:

Originally posted by G-Man II:
If you look in the oil analysis sections, you'll see that Chevron and Havoline oils are essentially identical as far as additive chemistry.

AGREE!!! The only measurable difference according to the product data sheets of both is 0.02 higher TBN for the Havoline. EVERYTHING else published is identical.

(By the way, G-Man II, if your source for that mixup on cubic zirconia offers you a too-good-to-be-true deal on a diamond-encrusted gold Rolex President, walk away. Quickly...)

[ October 18, 2003, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Ray H ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back