Are all valve stem caps the same? Where do you buy yours?

My Subaru Forester has some longer-than-usual caps that screw all the way down to the valve stem body. Regular caps won't do that, so I had to order them.

Like these?

419TI3nLzML._AC_.jpg

They do make checking and adding air more convenient.
The tire guy that does the big rig tires at my work puts those on. I detest them! For one the grooves on them won't hold my automatic inflater and 2nd they make it impossible to inflate the inner tire. I throw them away!

I used to use the red yellow and green pressure indicator caps and they saved me from running on a flat tire a few times. I had one fail running tires at 45psi
4X-Chromed-Metal-Car-Tire-Pressure-Valve-Stem-Cap-Sensor-Indicator-Warning-Auto-Tyre-Pressure-...jpg
bullet-style-polished-aluminum-gold-chrome-tire-valve-stem-caps-pack-of-4-59.jpg
4pcs-Plastic-Wheel-Stem-Tyre-Air-Valve-Dustproof-Cap-Gold-Dice-Tire-Tyre-Valve-Caps-Bike.jpg
Copper-Skull-Car-Valve-Caps-Fashion-Red-Eyes-Evil-Skull-Tyre-Air-Valve-Stem-Dust-Caps.jpg

and switched to aluminum. Plastic with brass insert is preferable if worried about corrosion but i have had no problems

The tire guy that does the big rig tires at my work puts those on. I detest them! For one the grooves on them won't hold my automatic inflater and 2nd they make it impossible to inflate the inner tire. I throw them away!
HAHA I put them on all my big trucks. You can check the pressure in all the tires in under a minute. On dualies I install extensions.

IMG_0715.JPG

Where I am if its anything but a black plastic job they will rob it in an minute. In Germany my friend had a Lamborghini Diablo with expensive dealer caps (they might as well have been $10 knockoffs) , they were gone the same day sitting in front of his garage.

lamborghini-red-tire-valve-caps.jpg

A friend of mine put metal caps on his SUV. The were stolen within a week. He then put locking valve-stem caps on (the use a small key/wrench to remove) and they ended up rusting to the valve stem. Ended up needing to get all new valve stems and went back to plastic caps.

Back