Are all these Toyota bashing threads really needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: grampi
Anyone who is dedicated to ANY make is an idiot.

...or have dedication to any particular MODEL of car...

So, ummmm, where would using "any particular MODEL of car" as part of your username fit into that concept?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

The "if you don't like it, don't read it" is interesting.

How are you going to figure out if you don't like it unless you read it?
whistle.gif

Bill

The thread's subject heading is usually a dead giveaway, Bill.
04.gif

I mean really, how many of these threads are really necessary? Every time I come in here someone has posted yet another Toyota bashing thread (disguised with a "Toyota recall" title).

Every make has its haters here, and every make has its supporters. Its probably best to ignore the extremists.

Here's one, for example: the guy who used to mention GM's V6 intake manifold leaks in every one of his posts, whether the thread was about GM, Honda, Mobil, tires, tools, off-topic, or whatever.

Here is what I posted in the "Toyota Knew About Lexus Problem 2 Years Ago" Thread, but it applies here too...

Every brand will have its woes at some point and there will always be people on the sidelines defending and crucifying the brand.

I think you have to go with personal experience. I have seen many problems with "Domestic" vehicles and very few with "Japanese/Korean" vehicles.

That doesn't mean that my opinion is right and all those who choose "Domestic" are blind or "Out to Lunch". It just means that I'm more likely to keep choosing "Japanese/Korean" based on my experiences.

I have seen others both in this forum and in everyday life who choose "Domestic" brands and never have problems with them.

Doesn't mean that I'm going to run out and choose them for my next vehicle but it does make you think that there might be more to the picture that hasn't been taken into account.

Just some food for thought.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: moving2
04.gif

Judging from your most recent thread, it's obvious that you feel you can stop reading at the title. Rest assured that not all of us are so... shall we say, thrifty?

Originally Posted By: Popinski
People post them because idiots think Toyotas are bulletproof.

Anyone who is deidicated to ANY make is an idiot. EVERY manufacturer has their good and bad vehicles.

I'm dedicated to my country and buy products from domestic manufacturers. That's called "consumer patriotism".

Originally Posted By: cousincletus

Anyone who is deidicated to ANY make is an idiot. EVERY manufacturer has their good and bad vehicles.

I'm dedicated to my country and buy products from domestic manufacturers. That's called "consumer patriotism".

I'm not criticizing, but I'm curious if your way of thinking applies to all products or just autos?? It's pretty difficult to just buy all American!

So you are using a made in the USA by union labor computer?

It's called choice. Being brand loyal has burned a many folk countless times. It's best to leave your mind open to new things, specially since almost all vehicles aren't built 100% where you think they come from. Buy what works best for you, is affordable to you, and offers you the most bang for the buck.

I've asked before, which is more American, my Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix built by the UAW in the NUMMI plant in CA, or a Ford Fusion built by non-union labor in Mexico.

Ditto for a Corolla or a Tacoma built by the UAW in the NUMMI plant?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: javacontour
I've asked before, which is more American, my Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix built by the UAW in the NUMMI plant in CA, or a Ford Fusion built by non-union labor in Mexico.

How about the Malibu, built in suburban Kansas City KS?

I won't presume anyone was wondering, but this is one of the fanatics I was talking about, and look what happened to the thread once he posted...

IMO it doesn't really matter, you work hard for your money and you should buy whatever YOU perceive to be the best product your money can buy. After all if you look at your shoes more than likely they were made in China, Hane's tee shirts are made in Haiti, Wrangler jeans are also made in China and the list goes on and on........

If a person believes Russia makes the best vodka, Cuba makes the best cigars or Toshiba makes the best lap tops and you have the ability to buy those products, then that's what you should do!

That does NOT make you less American!!

Originally Posted By: jazeo

IMO it doesn't really matter, you work hard for your money and you should buy whatever YOU perceive to be the best product your money can buy. After all if you look at your shoes more than likely they were made in China, Hane's tee shirts are made in Haiti, Wrangler jeans are also made in China and the list goes on and on........

If a person believes Russia makes the best vodka, Cuba makes the best cigars or Toshiba makes the best lap tops and you have the ability to buy those products, then that's what you should do!

That does NOT make you less American!!

I tend to agree, I was just asking those who are promoting what they call "consumer patriotism."

What is patriotic about telling someone who has served their nation that they are not patriotic if they buy the "wrong" brand of car?

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Originally Posted By: moving2
04.gif

Judging from your most recent thread, it's obvious that you feel you can stop reading at the title. Rest assured that not all of us are so... shall we say, thrifty?

d00df00d- if you see a thread titled " recall" and you expect anything different from:

1. Information about a recall
2. Two sides forming an often heated discussion about said recall

...which you've no doubt seen over and over and over again on this forum, and you are not interested in such discussion, but you choose to click on it anyway, then I wouldn't call that "not being thrifty"- I think there's another word for it.
04.gif

With almost three decades as a US Marine under my belt, I don't believe my dedication to my country is subject to legitimate question. Now, what you call "consumer patriotism" I would simply call "futility". Most "American" cars are full of foreign stuff; most "foreign" cars have lots of American stuff (or are actually made here...). And just try to buy a TV or a shirt, or a computer, or whatever whilst consistently staying with "Made in the USA" labeling. It's a nice, laudable thought, but it's also sadly unreal too.

Toyota_Racing_Silverado_1.jpg
28.gif

Enough said, I couldn't resist.

Toyota guys calm down, I usually only buy GM and have heard the bashing for years, but the cars and dealers have been dang good to me. It was bound to come around it will either stop or most of the time you will just disregard it.
Just buy want you want.

Here's a question. Are all these threads about toyota bashing threads needed? All they do is start wars and fill up the site with useless material.

Originally Posted By: Troy_Built
Here's a question. Are all these threads about toyota bashing threads needed? All they do is start wars and fill up the site with useless material.

Amen.
01.gif

Toyota was on top for many years, it is big news that they are having issues. In my experience the quality of the Japanese big three has dropped across the board in the last 15 years, but they are still very reliable overall.

The American car quality has been coming up recently. The gap gets smaller.

Everyone finally gets to say that Toyota isn't infallible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back