Are all these Toyota bashing threads really needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toyota kind of sets themselve's up for this kind of bashing thing when they constantly advertise that they are still the best on TV! Frankly they deserve it!

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: Popinski
People post them because idiots think Toyotas are bulletproof.

Anyone who is deidicated to ANY make is an idiot. EVERY manufacturer has their good and bad vehicles.

+1
thumbsup2.gif
beer3.gif

And, "Toyota is still Toyota". Don't worry about current/recent facts, just rely on brand image.

Originally Posted By: ekpolk
Originally Posted By: Popinski
People post them because idiots think Toyotas are bulletproof.

Anyone who is deidicated to ANY make is an idiot. EVERY manufacturer has their good and bad vehicles.
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Hear hear.

There is a fine line between bashing and telling the truth.
If exposing the many weaknesses of a cherished brand is bashing, so be it.
We have seen threads bashing any number of marques.
Is it needed?
Maybe.
Those on the fence about what to buy need to be aware of the dark side that every maker of vehicles has.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
There is a fine line between bashing and telling the truth.
If exposing the many weaknesses of a cherished brand is bashing, so be it.
We have seen threads bashing any number of marques.
Is it needed?
Maybe.
Those on the fence about what to buy need to be aware of the dark side that every maker of vehicles has.

Well, yes and no. When "bashing" takes on a personal aspect, and one member is attacking another on a personal level, then the "bashing" part is easy. As for the rest, it gets tougher to call, but not impossible. If it's kept on a business-like, respectful level, there won't be any problems. Beyond that, well, let's not get there.

Anyone who is dedicated to ANY make is an idiot.

...or have dedication to any particular MODEL of car...

Okay, Lets STOP with the IDIOT references.

If you don't like a brand then fine. But calling another member one because they own what they have the RIGHT to own is going to stop.

I've had to deal with this and the haters of Harley Davidson bikes and we need to RESPECT what others own. If you don't like their brand I'd bet there is enough people who hate your brand.

This board does not need the consistent slamming of any brands.

If you have ANY comments to me, PM me.

I'm going to reopen this and hopefully we can act like adults.

Thank you, Bill

Originally Posted By: mechanicx
And, "Toyota is still Toyota". Don't worry about current/recent facts, just rely on brand image.

And the facts are Toyota still makes dam good vehicles. They are having problems with SOME of their vehicles, but certainly not ALL of them, as does EVERY manufacturer. To constantly bash Toyota across the board for a few problem vehicles while at the same time propping up the big 3 is hypocritcal.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Okay, Lets STOP with the IDIOT references.

If you don't like a brand then fine. But calling another member one because they own what they have the RIGHT to own is going to stop.

I've had to deal with this and the haters of Harley Davidson bikes and we need to RESPECT what others own. If you don't like their brand I'd bet there is enough people who hate your brand.

This board does not need the consistent slamming of any brands.

If you have ANY comments to me, PM me.

I'm going to reopen this and hopefully we can act like adults.

Thank you, Bill

It would be appreciated if you'd deal with the HD lovers who are constantly putting down non-HDs as well. They are at least as bad, if not worse offenders.

Gramps

If you have been on this forum, you will notice over the years there has been far more bashing of the Domestics, most of it based on non-sense rather than facts. It was a bash-fest last year when GM and Chrysler were forced into bankruptcy. Every hater came out of the wood work.

At least these recalls are based on fact, if you dont like it, dont read the thread, pretty simple in my opinion.

I mean really, how many of these threads are really necessary? Every time I come in here someone has posted yet another Toyota bashing thread (disguised with a "Toyota recall" title). Most of the people who post in these threads are pro-big 3ers who seem to get some kind of cheap thrill every time there's bad news about Toyota. Don't you think if the big 3 are truely building vehicles that are as good or better than the imports that info's gonna get out there without the constant belittlement of Toyota in an attempt to make the big 3 look better? Maybe it's time for some of you people to grow up.

Originally Posted By: VNTS
Gramps

If you have been on this forum, you will notice over the years there has been far more bashing of the Domestics, most of it based on non-sense rather than facts. It was a bash-fest last year when GM and Chrysler were forced into bankruptcy. Every hater came out of the wood work.

At least these recalls are based on fact, if you dont like it, dont read the thread, pretty simple in my opinion.

I mean really, how many of these threads are really necessary? Every time I come in here someone has posted yet another Toyota bashing thread (disguised with a "Toyota recall" title). Most of the people who post in these threads are pro-big 3ers who seem to get some kind of cheap thrill every time there's bad news about Toyota. Don't you think if the big 3 are truely building vehicles that are as good or better than the imports that info's gonna get out there without the constant belittlement of Toyota in an attempt to make the big 3 look better? Maybe it's time for some of you people to grow up.

There doesn't need to be several threads going on at the same time all bashing the same brand, regardless of brand.

It would be appreciated if you'd deal with the HD lovers who are constantly putting down non-HDs as well. They are at least as bad, if not worse offenders.

Which I have. MANY TIMES.

Please notify use (using the Notify icon on the bottom of the post) for something that is personally insulting another member because of what they own.

Bill

Originally Posted By: VNTS
Gramps

A LOT of the reasons why people posted last year on GM and Chrysler was HOW they were killed and what it meant to them for a LONG time.

In many peoples minds they will never buy one because of the actions. Ford is making out due to this.

The "if you don't like it, don't read it" is interesting.

How are you going to figure out if you don't like it unless you read it?
whistle.gif

Bill

Just like anything else on the internet, if somebody is trolling for an angry response, the best thing you can do is ignore it and move on. If your favorite car company, sports team, branch of military service, college or politician is insulted using faulty logic or just plain stupidity, you don't need to come to it/his/her defense.

You wont convince him otherwise and odds are he just wants to get a rise out of you. Don't let him stir the pot or let him get a 500-post thread.

I like Toyotas and Chryslers. They work for me and I really don't care if they don't work for someone else. It's my money and my cars; they do their jobs and I enjoy driving them. Nobody is going to convince me otherwise, so there's no reason to come to their defense in a bashing thread.

Originally Posted By: mopar_monkey
to be honest i know all to well what it is like to receive "bashing" about my vehicles being the proud owner on a dodge, jeep, and a volvo!

Yeah... I hear you. But still, try admitting your wife loves her PT Cruiser. Or worse yet, put it in your .sig
48.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back