ARC remanufactured Power Steering Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have experience with ARC remanufactured parts? Referring to this. ARC Power Steering Pump

They are based in Astoria, NY. I perused amazon for other ARC products and like Cardone, parts are hit and miss concerning viability. ARC is remanufactured in USA, where as Cardone is in China.

Parts are obsolete for my 1994 Montero. Bearing is obsolete and inside power steering pump. JUst want it as a backup. Very very hard to find for my Montero. There was a midyear change for my model year in power steering pumps.

Take care!

Respectfully,

Pajero!

I checked out Maval and Mitsubishi is not listed on their website. My Montero is very unique. Most mechanics won't touch my Montero.

My Montero isn't listed in some mechanic books. If they have to look it up that is a red flag for me.

I recently had the upper/lower ball joints replaced and the mechanic put the bushings on backwards. Same mechanic remarked after working on it. "Mitsubishi and Toyota parts are interchangeable. They are all the same." I only wish.

For whatever reason, Mitsubishi decided to make axle shafts/suspension parts a few mm larger than Toyota.

Mitsu Stealer corrected it for a large sum of money.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Junk yard find still possible? After two attempts using rebuilt PS pumps that quickly failed,
a wrecking yard pump did the trick and keeps going and going.

Conversations with two mechanics told us they had similar experiences.

YMMV of course.

I would never choose any rebuilt part over factory new OEM. Especially on labor intensive jobs like water pumps, power steering pumps, rack and pinion systems, etc. When you look at what you are saving on the whole job when you include the labor, it's hardly worth the risk. This regardless if you do the job yourself, or have it done professionally by a mechanic. Save money somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back