Arby's "I Have the Cramps!" instead of ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I eat fast food a few times a week and I have only gotten sick once in my entire life (from eating out that is) and that was from under cooked chicken fingers (at a sit down restaurant actually, so not even technically fast food) And not just fast food up here in Canada (which might have better health regulations?) but I've eaten a ton of fast food in the US as well. Guess I've been lucky (and I do know I have a stronger immune system than most people as I rarely ever get sick even from colds)

Food is such a great (as in broad) topic it can go anywhere.

I'd try an Arby's sandwich but I just don't want to risk being handed slices of fat on inferior bread. I was a youngster in Brooklyn where we had "bread bakers" all over the place.

Talkin' sandwiches? you gotta start with the bread.

So what's the line between fast food and not fast food? Pre-made? Served in wrappers or on plastic? Order at the counter? Chain franchise?

I can walk up to the counter at the locally owned pizza shop and buy a slice already made, served up on paper, get my own drink. FF? Or we can order a pizza and go sit down while they bake it and bring it out.

I used to get sick from fast food and pretty much eliminated it from my diet. I will only eat certain types of fast food in a true emergency. Wendys chili is probably heated enough to kill the E Coli bacteria. Chicken cooked in a pressure cooker is probably safe due to the higher temperature.

After seeing the counter help at the local Gurgle Burger, fasting starts looking really good
smile.gif

I know that now that I seldom have fast food, I can't stand the smell in most McDonalds or Hardees stores.

If I want a burger, and I do occasionally want one, it's probably going to be Red Robin with a side of endless broccoli. I really don't need fries.

Originally Posted By: Pike51
Everyone talking junk against Taco Bell can take a long walk off short pier! I love Taco Bell. Can live without any other FF but love me some TB!!

Yeah I think Taco Bell is pretty good for FF. Ill take a beef and potato combo burrito and a beef and bean combo burrito with 5 packs of Fire sauce! Big meal for 5 bucks!
I just wish their rice side was cheaper and bigger

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: novadude
Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Nothing they have is really processed

I would strongly disagree with that statement. The roast beef they are known for is not actual roast beef, but highly processed beef parts and lots of salt made into a processed hunk of meat-like stuff. The Spam of the beef world.

Having said that, I still enjoy an Arby's sandwich from time-to-time.

Got a link to any kind of proof of that claim?

In regards to most any, "fast food". When you consider the food, along with the people who prepare and serve it to you, remember the old saying, "You only get what you pay for, and not a penny more". And try to think of one other single product in your life, that would attract you to purchase it, based mainly on the fact it was manufactured "fast"?

Originally Posted By: billt460
In regards to most any, "fast food". When you consider the food, along with the people who prepare and serve it to you, remember the old saying, "You only get what you pay for, and not a penny more". And try to think of one other single product in your life, that would attract you to purchase it, based mainly on the fact it was manufactured "fast"?

Funny thing is, it's not that cheap anymore.

Convenience and speed do have their value.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted By: Pike51
Everyone talking junk against Taco Bell can take a long walk off short pier! I love Taco Bell. Can live without any other FF but love me some TB!!

Yeah I think Taco Bell is pretty good for FF. Ill take a beef and potato combo burrito and a beef and bean combo burrito with 5 packs of Fire sauce! Big meal for 5 bucks!
I just wish their rice side was cheaper and bigger

Taco Heck is my guilty pleasure...it's maybe a once a month thing for me now, used to be a couple times a week when I was younger.
For a long time my favorite meal there was meatless, some kind of veggie fajita wrap thing and a 7 layer burrito...now I pig out on cheap ground beef in a grild stuft burrito. I probably need to start going for the 5pm blue plate special for seniors with a reduced portion size when I go out to eat now, though, my body punishes me bad for overeating these days. Not like when I was a kid and I would eat a huge dinner before clubbing and then get a burrito the size of a rolled up Sunday Chicago Tribune at 3am on the way home with no ill effects in the slightest. Didn't even gain weight because I was always doing something, wasn't home much unless I was on a book reading binge.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Taco Heck is my guilty pleasure...it's maybe a once a month thing for me now, used to be a couple times a week when I was younger.
For a long time my favorite meal there was meatless, some kind of veggie fajita wrap thing and a 7 layer burrito...now I pig out on cheap ground beef in a grild stuft burrito. I probably need to start going for the 5pm blue plate special for seniors with a reduced portion size when I go out to eat now, though, my body punishes me bad for overeating these days. Not like when I was a kid and I would eat a huge dinner before clubbing and then get a burrito the size of a rolled up Sunday Chicago Tribune at 3am on the way home with no ill effects in the slightest. Didn't even gain weight because I was always doing something, wasn't home much unless I was on a book reading binge.

Heh, I just recently discovered Taco Bell. Never been there before until recently as my new job is right past one. Don't know why people associate the place with "the runs." Never happened to me and I have a pretty bad digestive system. Most fast food or other restaurants it's strait to the restroom afterwards for me. Some reason Taco Bell doesn't do that to me, go figure
laugh.gif

They claim to have the meats, yet every time I eat there I go away still hungry, and I'm not a big eater. The last time I was at an Arby's I ordered two hot ham and swiss with double the ham...they were more bun than anything else. I'm sorry, but if I'm paying extra for double meat, I should be able to bite into that thing and get nothing but meat...I won't eat there any more...

That "we gave the meat" is getting more than a little old. So is Flow, and especially that Jamie guy. And how about that eight month old baby who has a "play date."

Originally Posted By: grampi
They claim to have the meats, yet every time I eat there I go away still hungry, and I'm not a big eater. The last time I was at an Arby's I ordered two hot ham and swiss with double the ham...they were more bun than anything else. I'm sorry, but if I'm paying extra for double meat, I should be able to bite into that thing and get nothing but meat...I won't eat there any more...

You went to Arby’s and got the ham? That’s like going to a steakhouse and ordering the chicken. Their half-pound roast beef sammiches are piled pretty high.

When I go to a restaurant, I try to stick to what they’re known for. At Arby’s, it’s roast beef.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Originally Posted By: grampi

You went to Arby’s and got the ham? That’s like going to a steakhouse and ordering the chicken. Their half-pound roast beef sammiches are piled pretty high.

When I go to a restaurant, I try to stick to what they’re known for. At Arby’s, it’s roast beef.

Their commercials suggest they have more than just roast beef...shouldn't they pile on the ham the same as they do the roast beef?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back