Arby's "I Have the Cramps!" instead of ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
... Instead of "We Have the Meats!"

DISCLAIMER: I rarely eat fast food, so maybe my gut does not have the proper USA Fast Food tolerance built up...

Yep. The Fiancee and her grand daughter wanted to eat there yesterday, I was served the $7.99 bbq brisket combo and got a Coca Cola as my choice from the fountain. The sandwich appeared somewhat suspect from the get-go: meat flacid and droopy (think there was a bacon-like substance, too?), but it was warmish hot and I was hungry so ... Down the hatch !! Fiancee's grand daughter got two hot ham and cheese sliders, one was hot, the other not.

This morning I have stomach cramps, third trip to the bathroom is imminent.

$19.78 to feel ill the next day, what a deal, where do I sign up for some more of that?
cool.gif

FF places are really not a good healthy choice, and I was king of FF until we started doing plant-based food eating.....FF joints like Taco Bell are terrible, also.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you have never been to jack in the box or taco bell! Both are diarea kings. I pretty much hate fast food. I will get a chicken sandwich from Wendy's because its not processed,just a breast on a bun...KFC about 3x a year and elpollo loco occasionally.

Fast food is not known to attract the best workers. Sundays are particularly bad, that's when all the newer workers are in and the manager may not be. If you check with your health dept, you would be shocked at all the violations in restaurants, not just fast food. I hope you get over it quick. I had a bad burrito once, 3 days of sickness, and took two weeks before I was back 100%.

Do you ever wonder if FF cooks are cleaning their hands or sneezing on the food or coughing without covering their mouths..hmmm we will never know..

I don't go there much, but I've never had a bad experience at Arby's. In fact, they're probably the best fast food joint out there. Nothing they have is really processed (except the bread). So, IMHO, it's one of the better choices, unless you're a vegetarian.

OP: Your issue may not have even been caused by anything Arby's did wrong. Your system just may not be used to beef brisket. It is, after all, a pretty fatty cut of meat.

I've had Arby's brisket sandwich before and loved it.

I do have, pretty much, a cast-iron stomach.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Nothing they have is really processed

I would strongly disagree with that statement. The roast beef they are known for is not actual roast beef, but highly processed beef parts and lots of salt made into a processed hunk of meat-like stuff. The Spam of the beef world.

Having said that, I still enjoy an Arby's sandwich from time-to-time.

I haven't had a roast beef sub in nearly 50 yrs due to a similar incident. My first visit to a Waffle House ended badly. Not bad food, just uber greasy. I'm not a major FF fan.

I think people have to build up a tolerance to it. Back when I was driving a truck all day and eating a lot of fast food It didn't bother me.
Now I take a home made lunch everyday and if I eat fast food it hits me real hard. I have grown to hate fast food except maybe a taco shop here and there.

Not cramped but feel that way if I go to a national chain establishment that is cheap fast food. You are not used to it.

Locally Arby’s and Wendy’s disappeared thankfully.

No local bbq places to try?

I like a good beef sandwich. But I've never been a fan of Arby's pressed "blubber meats". Good lean deli roast beef or Pastrami runs over $12.00 a pound. Arby's "piles it high" on a $3.29 sandwich. So you can just imagine what you're getting.

A long time ago I went to Chi-Chis with my friends. We all had stomach aches that evening. I wrote them off for a while. After seven years, I thought I'd give them a second chance. Nope... we had stomach aches that evening as well. It's no wonder they closed down after a horrible outbreak of food poisoning from one of their restaurants.

I find Taco bell pretty good around here. You just have to know what to get. Better than McD's and BK. Wendys hasn't made a good sandwich since Dave died. Their Hot and Juicy was hot and juicy. Now they are overcooked shoe leather. Fresh or frozen? - no difference in griddled Hamburger. I ll take mine transported frozen thank you.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger

DISCLAIMER: I rarely eat fast food, so maybe my gut does not have the proper USA Fast Food tolerance built up...

Yep. The Fiancee and her grand daughter wanted to eat there yesterday, I was served the $7.99 bbq brisket combo and got a Coca Cola as my choice from the fountain. The sandwich appeared somewhat suspect from the get-go: meat flacid and droopy (think there was a bacon-like substance, too?), but it was warmish hot and I was hungry so ... Down the hatch !! Fiancee's grand daughter got two hot ham and cheese sliders, one was hot, the other not.

$19.78 to feel ill the next day, what a deal, where do I sign up for some more of that?
cool.gif

Maybe your body hasn't had fast food in a very long time.

I liked the Arby's brisket sandwich a lot the first few times I had it, but the last one I ate was pretty gross and I'm done with them. Didn't get sick, the thing was just nasty.

Worst food poisoning I ever had was from tabbouleh salad from the café in the building I worked in at the time, it was family run and truly spotless...you should have seen the fight to get their lentil and rice special for lunch on Fridays. Second worst was from red snapper at a sitdown seafood place, I thought the filet seemed kind of weird but I had never eaten that species before and I thought maybe that was just the way it was. Third worst was from tuna I stored in the can in my fridge, I had no idea you weren't supposed to do that (my family almost never ate fish when I was a kid). I don't think I ever had true food poisoning from fast food, but maybe I'm just not thinking hard enough. Certainly didn't feel well after a number of FF meals, but most of them were probably just due to overeating.

I'm surprised I feel good this morning, had chicken fried steak for the first time in many years last night and it was a real gut bomb...sure tasted good, though. Big pile of mashed/white and some pretty sorry excuses for vegetables to go with it, didn't look like the veggies had been washed all that well but I still ate most of them. A little dirt is probably good for you, right?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trav
I try to stay out of those places. I like the diners, surprisingly most have great simple food are clean and cheap, they tend not to stay around long if they are not.
When I'm in Worcester, MA I go to this old place, great food!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Worcester_Diner

My wife was jonesing to try that place and then we happened to drive by it after we bought our daughter some furniture at Rotman's.
There was a line out the door, but it was in a pretty sketchy part of town and she isn't interested anymore.
I'll have to try it with somebody who isn't so scared of urban life, I have a old buddy in Shrewsbury and maybe he'll be game.

We stopped at an old school diner in/near Northampton and I was pretty excited that they had liver sausage, my sandwich was quite good...the wife hated her food and I guess we won't be going back. :^(

Last edited:
One of the only fast food places I'll eat, and look forward to going to is Chick-fil-A.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger

cool.gif

Quote....... bbq brisket combo and got a Coca Cola ....

.............. Yep, that could be the two secret ingredients to early and often bathroom visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back