Arby's "I Have the Cramps!" instead of ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: novadude
Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Nothing they have is really processed

I would strongly disagree with that statement. The roast beef they are known for is not actual roast beef, but highly processed beef parts and lots of salt made into a processed hunk of meat-like stuff. The Spam of the beef world.

Having said that, I still enjoy an Arby's sandwich from time-to-time.

Yes, I thought it was kinda strange, only been there a couple of times and thought that it must be pretty good if they're a national chain. But all the ones I normally go to are those mom & pop type places that have roast beef in the title of their restaurant and all those are usually at least $6-$10 for a small to super large sandwich and they pile theirs high with a nice red roast beef. Couldn't figure out why Arby's has a chain, some of the worst tasting/bland roast beef I've ever had, not even red meat either, more like brown.

Anyway, in their defense, food poisoning usually takes anywhere from 12 hours to a week to kick in so it might not necessarily been then, just something before that.

I don't know why they call it food. I am scared to eat at fast [food] places. I was out with a friend and he wanted Sonic it was the worst burger and onion rings ever. Don't people taste their food anymore? The$15.00 per hour people entitled will probably get upset at these posts.

Its really not that sketchy compared to some areas but its old, the heyday of the big factories has long gone. I will probably be in there for lunch this week when I go to the plating company to have some stuff done.
Try Maxwell Silverman's Tool House for Sunday brunch, at $22 a head its great.

Most restaurant food (be it sit-down or fast food) is trash made to look appetizing.

My first real job was at Kens Pancake House in Millbrae California I worked there for 3 years and the place was spotless clean, the food was fresh well prepared sanitary etc. In 2015 my sister and I had some family business she wanted to stop an Panera to get something to eat I walked into the place and it was a pig sty. dirty as can be. I pointed it out to my duh sister and we left.

I learned working at Kens, that if an establishment can't keep the bathrooms and floors clean how can they keep the kitchen clean?"

Originally Posted By: Trav
Its really not that sketchy compared to some areas but its old, the heyday of the big factories has long gone. I will probably be in there for lunch this week when I go to the plating company to have some stuff done.
Try Maxwell Silverman's Tool House for Sunday brunch, at $22 a head its great.

I agree that the area around that Worcester diner wasn't that bad, but my wife is a farm girl at heart and freaks out easily in cities.
Heck, I lived near Detroit and a friend and I would scout out weird places in that scary city...he heard about some kind of "nightclub" operating in the basement of an abandoned hotel and we had a good time there one night. I'm sure it was an extralegal establishment, but it was well run and had security. Decided to head upstairs to check out the old hotel itself and it was pretty clear lots of people were squatting there...we kept going and it soon became pretty clear we were not welcome and finally got the heck out! Probably retreated to Ann Arbor after that scare...
Worcester is pretty tame compared to stuff like that. The truly weird thing is that the Detroit hotel was really only half abandoned, it was a huge building and part of it was still open for business. I would have felt great about making a reservation there!

Thanks for the Tool House recommendation, I will look into it!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mclasser
Most restaurant food (be it sit-down or fast food) is trash made to look appetizing.
01.gif
You know, the pictures on their walls never look like the product you ordered,,,IMHO

Making universal condemnations based on one experience is silly. Problems like the OP experienced are usually site specific due to someone not following hygiene procedures. We seldom eat FF, like once a month, and we haven't eaten at Arby's in years but last week we did and were none the worse for wear.

Don’t eat FF often at all as we usually cook at home, but when I do, never once had an issue… Taco Bell, Chipotle (the most common), Arby’s, White Castle, Chick Fil A, Various Sub shops, etc… Some people just have sensitive stomachs I suppose, given all the “stomach issues” after people eat FF. Note, my diet otherwise is basically a lot of salads, veggies and beans… Not like I eat burgers and stuff like that all the time or anything.

I guess I’m lucky to have a rock solid digestive system
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
got a Coca Cola as my choice from the fountain.
For me, any kind of meal chased down with a carbonated drink will more often than not result in upset stomach.

I actually find stories of gastrointestinal distress more distasteful than R/S/P. I think it should be R/S/P/GI
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
I actually find stories of gastrointestinal distress more distasteful than R/S/P. I think it should be R/S/P/GI
lol.gif

Yeah, I remember walking by HR once and one of the staffers there was on the phone with an employee and she was yelling at her "I don't need to know". I asked her what that was about later and it turned out the heavyset employee was calling out sick and giving her a detailed account of her diarrhea. Once you get an image of that in your head, you can't un-imagine it.

[censored] four times this morning. Think I'm good, finally. Had V day today anyhow, going out to mow grass, guts feel settled out now... Probably TMI, sorry.

Combo of rarely eating FF and not used to it plus that samich may been sitting under the heat lamp too long ...
37.gif

Wow, Arby's is my favorite place. Never had an issue there. There is one 3 blocks from my house I would eat there daily but too expensive.

I don't remember having any issues with fast food places. I probably eat at one once a week. I find nothing wrong with "fast" food places if that is where YOU chose to eat. Ed

Everyone talking junk against Taco Bell can take a long walk off short pier! I love Taco Bell. Can live without any other FF but love me some TB!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back