Apps that can block texts

I am looking for an android app that I can block texts only from a number but still get calls from that number .
Thanks for any suggestions .

Thats quite an odd request?
It would have to be a trusted app that has total control over your phone to work.
not sure what is out there.

Edit: I dont think its possible. as the phone number is the identifier of the sms text.

Thanks I have searched for apps that could block texts only and it seems the only way is to block calls and texts from a certain number .
I have a family member who sends very large texts that are annoying and rude at times . I would rather speak person to person and avoid the endless texting . Sometimes the true meaning of the message is lost with these texts .

I don't think it's possible. Maybe as soon as they text call them immediately, say "What's up? I'm driving / in the shower / sitting on the pot and can't text." Should cure them pretty quickly after a few times lol.

Does the sender have to not know about this blocking? Telling them might be the easiest. If not, maybe turn off notification for that person only?

I'm going to have to have a little talk with the person and be tactful about it because it is a immediate family member who is a bit unstable and it won't accomplish a lot the conversation goes south quickly. Wish good old rotary phones were back lol

Back