Apple or Android?... What do you have...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Android tablet and phone and also use an Android box for watching TV.

You couldnt give me an Apple product for free.

Originally Posted By: dan_erickson
Apple. I just like it, and I do not have issues like I have had in the past with Android.

Smart man

Apple 7+. But only because it is a company phone. I'm ok with it. But I super badly miss widgets. And there are a lot of cool apps that I had on my previous Android phones that I haven't been able to find a satisfactory equivalent in the Apple app store. I've heard many Apple fan boys say how Apple apps are better, but that just hasn't been my experience. Also I haven't found IOS to be any more reliable than Android was for me.

If my company would allow it, I'd be using a Pixel 2 xl right now.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trav
Iphone SE, its cheap with no contract good power with a 4" screen. The day no more 4" screen I will go back to a old flip phone or Nokia chocolate bar.

Same here. I got so sick of carrying around a phone the size of an iPad, and wanted something that was, you know... designed as a phone.

I'd still have a flip phone if I didn't have to run some phone apps for work.

And I'm definitely not going back to Android with its spyware and slow updates for security holes.

Originally Posted By: emg
Originally Posted By: Trav
Iphone SE, its cheap with no contract good power with a 4" screen. The day no more 4" screen I will go back to a old flip phone or Nokia chocolate bar.

Same here. I got so sick of carrying around a phone the size of an iPad, and wanted something that was, you know... designed as a phone.

I'd still have a flip phone if I didn't have to run some phone apps for work.

And I'm definitely not going back to Android with its spyware and slow updates for security holes.

I had a Samsung something or another but it was so big I found myself leaving it at home more often than not.
The build quality was not the issue only the size, if you cant carry it around in your pocket what good is it? This is my favorite phone of all of them I had had since the first C net brick.

Yes. Technologically, my old Samsung Android phone was well ahead of the iPhone in many ways. It was just too darn big, and they abandoned it shortly after I got it (I think it got one OS update in the two years I owned it).

Originally Posted By: emg
Yes. Technologically, my old Samsung Android phone was well ahead of the iPhone in many ways. It was just too darn big, and they abandoned it shortly after I got it (I think it got one OS update in the two years I owned it).

Many apps that are baked into iOS are separate apps in Android, so frequent OS updates aren't necessary. Maps, Chrome, even stuff like the keyboard and Play Store update outside of the OS where in iOS they are part of the OS.

I've used Android since 2009. Not that it is very, I just find I like it better. Besides, I am not into games or pictures, so it doesn't really bother me.

Work is Apple (IPhone 7, and IPad something or other Air)...upgrades from an IPhone 4 this year.
Have had a couple of major data losses over the years, with Apple deciding that stuff that I'd bought (my money) and the data that went with them wasn't mine.

Home is Android.
Galaxy J5 my personal phone...dual sim and 128GB memory card in it.
Got a Chuwi H12 for the holiday...really happy as long as I don't boot it in Windows 10...but Windows 10 is good for what I need it for when I need it.

Originally Posted By: PiperOne
Android....I don't like belonging to a cult.

+1. ZTE Blade X Max, Android 7.1.1 Gets along fine with Win 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back