APDI/PRO radiators any good!GM radiator?

was this from the dealer you found via oemcats? the $255? Just wondering what happened with that website..
The dealer ones listed,72 of them listed $193. But or cats seems like a forgotten or obscure website,as you cannot really order.
The $255 is on a other website. Its an AC delco.the Delphi o e, parts geek sold.I just missed d it by a few hours.
Think parts geek will get more Delphi radiators for my message in?

I'm guessing only,the Delphi radiator was also corrosion resistant,like the ac Delco one? Or no? Hope partsgeek gets more delphis in

The dealer ones listed,72 of them listed $193. But or cats seems like a forgotten or obscure website,as you cannot really order.
The $255 is on a other website. Its an AC delco.the Delphi o e, parts geek sold.I just missed d it by a few hours.
Think parts geek will get more Delphi radiators for my message in?

who knows if partsgeeks would get more in.. if it's discontinued supply might be gone, you could always contact partsgeek to see, I looked up their reviews, not very promising from a customer service view..

one other thing you could do.. contact a local GM dealer and see if they could do a dealer search nationwide for that part, might show who has one still in their parts dept.

There might be a holdout still remaining in the radiator business in your area to see if they can recore your original. That would be better than any replacement you are going to find.

There might be a holdout still remaining in the radiator business in your area to see if they can recore your original. That would be better than any replacement you are going to find.
They don’t typically do any work on plastic tank/aluminum core radiators, except order a new one. Old copper/brass is different story.

In my experience, it's not uncommon for the cheap radiators to be decent but you need to add a couple of the GM ground walnut tablets when you swap them... Otherwise sometimes the end caps seep a tiny bit of coolant.

Its plastic and aluminum. The brass radiators ,last I ever saw one,was some 8-10 years ago, from napa.
Think though,the Delphi is corrosion resistant?

Stick wise auto had AC Delco for $255/. Parts geek has the Delphi for $108,in the neighborhood.but....in pictures,both do not come with the 2 adapters that come with radiators.usually gold colored..screw into the tranny cooler line holes in radiator.
I'm really leaning towards AC delco. It advertises corrosion resistant aluminum.Delphi dies not.I like that,need that..the corrosion resistant.

I'm 99.9% sure that all modern radiators ARE aluminum, and by definition that is corrosion resistant. The problem usually is the welds are cheap and start leaking or the plastic tank sides crack and it starts leaking. I don't see what other material that Delphi would use except aluminum. Copper/ Brass hasn't been used in decades.

What about what I suggested and calling local GM dealers to see if someone had it in stock (nationwide search) might get it cheaper than the $255. But what do you feel comfortable doing? If you feel comfortable with the AC delco go for it.. Seriously, having peace is priceless!

Its plastic and aluminum. The brass radiators ,last I ever saw one,was some 8-10 years ago, from napa.
Think though,the Delphi is corrosion resistant?

Stick wise auto had AC Delco for $255/. Parts geek has the Delphi for $108,in the neighborhood.but....in pictures,both do not come with the 2 adapters that come with radiators.usually gold colored..screw into the tranny cooler line holes in radiator.
I'm really leaning towards AC delco. It advertises corrosion resistant aluminum.Delphi dies not.I like that,need that..the corrosion resistant.

The Delphi is as corrosion-resistant as OE because it is OE

The problem that kills modern radiators is the crimping where the plastic meets the metal. Maybe if you're lucky you can find an al-aluminum radiator, but I don't think they make them for your car, unless there is a universal fit radiator.

Also, what is the difference between the Lesabre radiator and the one used on the Park Avenue? Because if you can use the Park Ave's radiator, it will be available next month, rather than having to wait 3 months for the "correct" one for your Lesabre :unsure:

The Delphi is as corrosion-resistant as OE because it is OE

The problem that kills modern radiators is the crimping where the plastic meets the metal. Maybe if you're lucky you can find an al-aluminum radiator, but I don't think they make them for your car, unless there is a universal fit radiator.

Also, what is the difference between the Lesabre radiator and the one used on the Park Avenue? Because if you can use the Park Ave's radiator, it will be available next month, rather than having to wait 3 months for the "correct" one for your Lesabre :unsure:
Yeah,I was showing my co worker yesterday,where the tranny cooler lines connect too radiator.the tranny couplings,are rusted,but not the.line...the circle metal part of radiator that those lines connect too,are corroded.the radiator itself looms fine..the fins,the plastic.its the radiators metal connect holes on radiator too tranny cooler lines....and the crimp around those holes,dark rusted brown.

Yeah,I was showing my co worker yesterday,where the tranny cooler lines connect too radiator.the tranny couplings,are rusted,but not the.line...the circle metal part of radiator that those lines connect too,are corroded.the radiator itself looms fine..the fins,the plastic.its the radiators metal connect holes on radiator too tranny cooler lines....and the crimp around those holes,dark rusted brown.
Ice think the AC Delco radiator would be treated better.so instead if 3.5 years,on an AutoZone one...the Delco last at least 7....

Three pics I took.the radiator looks pretty good..but the rusted tranny cooler part of radiator..and tranny cooler line coupling...is my concern.

Attachments

• IMG_20220725_201440.jpg
    IMG_20220725_201440.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20220725_201500.jpg
    IMG_20220725_201500.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20220725_201605.jpg
    IMG_20220725_201605.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 10
I installed it myself 3 years ago.autozone radiator. I figured the Delco radiator would last longer.

Back