Anyone Use Valvoline NextGen SYN ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Im wondering if anyone has used of has UOA on the new Valvoline NextGen Full Synthetic Oil.

I have not even seen this oil at any store yet. However Im just wondering.

I have not run it yet, but I just received a coupon for 5qts of it with a kn filter for $19.99 at advance auto. Maybe I'll run it next oci for that price.

Originally Posted By: TFBird
I have not run it yet, but I just received a coupon for 5qts of it with a kn filter for $19.99 at advance auto. Maybe I'll run it next oci for that price.

Thats a good deal... Heck I pay 38$ for just the Oil.. Valvoline Max Life FULL SYN...

I might try it for that price and K&N Im told is a good Oil Filter.

but at AAP near me they sell it for

Valvoline NextGen SynPower 5W-30 Fully Synthetic Motor Oil (5 Plus Quart Jug)
Part No. 798161

$36.99

and that is with no Filter....

Here is the specs... Not sure how this measures up to other SYNs
what is most important , THE FLASH OCO ?

Vis @ 100°C (cSt) 8.7 10.6
Vis @ 40°C (cSt) 48.1 59.5
Viscosity Index 161 172
Spec Gravity @ 60°F 0.847 0.857
Density(lbs/gal) 7.06 7.14
Total Base Number 8.7 8.7
Flash COC (°C) 221 223
Pour Point (°C) -42 -42
CCS @ -30°C (cP) 5500 5700
MRV TP-1 @ -35°C (cP) 13,500 18,000
HTHS @ 150°C (cP) 2.7 3.1
NOACK, wt. % loss 10.0 10.0
Sulfated Ash 0.93 0.93
Zinc/Phosphorus, wt.% 0.083/0.076 0.083/0.076
Sodium/Calcium, wt.% 0.049/0.211 0.049/0.211

Last edited:
Valvoline oils have been shown to perform well.
Nextgen Valvoline products have been shown to do the same.
There are a couple of UOAs that show that Synpower SN finally has enough TBN retention to have long drain potential.
Therefore, at twenty bucks for a jug plus a K&N, why not give it a try?
Maybe you could do a few runs of it and post the first UOA?

Have used it. Car is still running.....
smile.gif

I've found it to be a decent option for going green, and haven't seen too much burnoff on older engines. i wish we still offered the DB instead of the maxlife II. the only issue with the nextgen options are that i've seen more top offs between changes under the same intervals compared to when using the non green option. That statement if more for the nextgen ML and PC.

Valvoline NextGen Synthetic is probably not much different from Valvoline Synthetic. It's been stated in the Valvoline Q/A session that Valvoline's goal is to make NextGen line identical to their regular line, no better or worse. You can try to pull some Valvoline Synthetic UOAs for reference. Unfortunately, this is not as easy as it sounds since almost no one posts UOAs for Valvoline Synthetic here, so the sample is kind of small. It's a good oil, but UOAs suggest that detergency gets weak faster than top tier synthetic oils. Up o 7500 miles, it should probably break no sweat regardless of application.

Last edited:
sounds like i should post one for synpower here. i go around 8k on mine. never need to add any and doesnt come out really dirty by oil standards. then again, most of the time im driving, the motor isnt really on for extended periods of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back