Anyone use Shell Rotella T SB 0W-40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this compare with Delvac 1 as it is also a Heavy Duty Diesel oil? How different is it from 'regular' Shell Rotella 5W-40? Is it safe for Gas engines?

There isn't going to be much info on this oil on here, because apparently this oil is only sold here in Canada.

It looks interesting though, and is $30 for a 4L jug from Canadian Tire, versus $35 for the jug of Delvac 1.

I had no idea that it was a "Canada-only" product. Why would they do something stupid like that? Do they have another Delvac 1-like oil in other markets?

Yeah, in the states Shell has a synthetic 5W40 product. Not actually many US locations barring Alaska that *need* lower than 5W, although many individual consumers seem to like lower in some cases.

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. T:
I had no idea that it was a "Canada-only" product. Why would they do something stupid like that?

Oil companies do lots of stupid things that make zero sense. Perfect example is how Mobil 1 does not sell 0w30 in very many places up here, and I don't think they sell 0w20 here at all. 0w40 is also hard to find. You'd think they would market the heck out of all of their 0w lineup of oils in Canada, but they don't.

Another thing is how there is only one 5w20 oil commonly available up here still, even though it's been 4 years since Honda started recommending that viscosity, and Mazda and Ford also followed suit the same year or very soon after.
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back